Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

To be fair it's going to be really hard to top Wakamoto's performance in this new anime.

Reuenthal's verbal beatdown of Lang is one of my favorite moments, Wakamoto is just loving too good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I watched the ovas and eh the new episode wasn't that bad. I liked it even. They are setting up for future events and grounding the relations Yang had with other people for the viewers

Did feel a bit upset about skimming over the fact that Yang was part of the military history branch before being forced to transfer

Also they made Jessica more fleshed out early and I'm fine with that

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Agreed. And its not like its breaking the actual pacing of the story either, if anything it's more faithful to the books

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I quite like the new episode barring the whole car chase scene. That part felt pretty weak overall. but I think the episode conveyed pretty much everything about the Alliance that needed to shown to the audience.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah that was pretty trash. Hoping it was done purposely for symbolic reasons but i doubt it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Uh I was talking about the anthem oops

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I liked the redesign and his VA

And being early 30 isn't old

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 9, 2018

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It does seem the remake is being much more faithful to the novels (in terms of capturing without bloodshed) but added a lot of modern touches to it, with the whole scanning aspect and such.

The rebellion is done to show off two things if they are planning to do it. Kircheis' competance and his manner of leadership and to establish the Mariendoffs.

I think the people producing the show are looking at a long term view with this

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah its definitely shows how old the novel is with the whole capturing aspect.

I don't think the whole OVA fight scene makes sense either but I would have liked more of a resistance.

Maybe they are being too faithful to the books? I'm fine with it so far but I can see others finding fault with it

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Also the manner they got away with the security checkpoint in the OVA was kinda bullshit so I'm glad they changed it up here

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I had forgotten how much i hated the Windsor lady in the council goddamn

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yesssss

I love that part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

New series was pretty enjoyable overall. But as the person said there are movies that are needed to finish off the first major arc