Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I downloaded 33 episodes of this because I trust that Man of Wax has good taste (he complimented me on an Utena sig I had once, that shows class), but I've only had time to watch one episode.

early pruning prevention/hopping on excellent series post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Holy poo poo, this show is amazing. I just spent the last few weeks catching up. Why does this show have to keep killing all of my favorite characters? :(

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Nebakenezzer posted:

Once again the show demonstrates why it's unbelievably smart. Julien's reasoning about how people who are willing to risk themselves and take action to effect the world being the reason behind war as a fact of life in human history was stunning. And then that is rolled into: "this is why we must fight, even with the odds greatly aganst us, since the Kaiser respects, even personifies these values, and if we get his respect we will be able to have leverage in negotiation." Totally :awesome:

This is why I love this show. It captures all of my views on history and war and how they work and in a way accurately portrays them. I think that, in terms of how people over generations act, this is one of the most realistic shows I've ever seen.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Wow, I'm really not seeing how they are going to conclude the series with only six episodes left unless they rush some things. Or maybe I'm just being dense.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

poo poo, guys. Only one more. It's been quite a journey.

Edit: isn't this, like, the oldest thread in ADTRW right now?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

I was thinking. Really, more people *should* watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes, but I guess it says something when a thread from 2004 only has 20 pages.

What kind of difficulties has anyone here had trying to get friends into this show? For the most part, I've run into the "it looks OLD!!" complaint like 50 times so far.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Nate RFB posted:

I just finished watching 110. I had started episode 1 sometime last week. Needless to say, the ride has been long, tiring, yet fulfilling.

This was probably the best anime I have ever seen.

Welcome to the club. :cool:

Unsure if I'd say it was the best, but definitely one of the best for me.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Wow, that was a really depressing ending for this arc. I feel like they were trying to cover it up with the whole Kircheis part at the end.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Schwarzwald posted:

I finally made myself some time and watched the first episode.

Are all 100+ episodes as good as the first one?

Hah, if you liked the first one so much, wait until later.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Whoo, finally!

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

That FUCKER Obama posted:

Big day today, looks like we also get the first two eps of the Spiral Labyrinth OVA.

Episode 1: Xvid h.264

Episode 2: Xvid h.264

:hellyeah:

Ragg posted:

Has anyone seen this? A new anime series based on Tanaka's other epic space opera, Tytania, directed by the same guy who did LOGH. Intriguing, to say the least.

Edit: same sound director and animation studio as well, apparently.

Also, this looks like it could be good.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Ruental is my favorite character, so who else can I say?

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

bondster posted:

Just watched the first 2 episodes and I have to say, I'm hooked. Its interesting that its anime but by watching it you can tell that its not very anime at all. But I must know before advancing if this is going to turn into a Death Note/Code Geass with JUST AS PLANNED moments, because it seems that there is a Light v. L thing going on here with Golden Boy and Yang.

I don't know, I'd say the series is VERY "anime", and maybe you're just too used to shows from 2000+.

Glad you seem to enjoy it, though.

Ever Disappointing fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Sep 3, 2008

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

cooldude2.0 posted:

holy recycled animation. I just watched half a dozen ships blow up half a dozen times.

Yes. This arc has been relatively disappointing in general. :(

Thankfully Yang's finally gonna do something next episode!

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

No you have to think when it was written if this was 2000 it would definitely be gay, but back in the 70s or 60s whenever the book was written it would just be considered a close (not gay) friendship.

But yeah I started watching it for the same reason, and its been amazing so far.

Wellllll, the manga of the novels was very shoujo, so I think the gayness was intentional, at least for that version of the story.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Does anyone have direct downloads to episodes 7 and 8 of Spiral Labrynth? The torrents are pretty weak at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Thanks, Crhis Knight. That helped out a lot.