Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs
Hope it's alright to bump threads like this in here. I followed a link to this thread from (I think) the youtube thread over in GBS, and boy did you guys ever sell me on this poo poo.
I've been through the two movies and the first 13 episodes and man am I hooked. You just don't get this combination of intrigue and strategy in any other show, it's pretty much the epitome of Space Opera. poo poo, the characters themselves even watch opera in one episode.
I just love the empire/alliance dynamics and all the political bullshit. The space battles themselves are pretty abstract, really, but all the strategizing before and during battles make them work on a level other sci fi shows are sorely lacking, even though the actual numbers get a bit silly sometimes (ep13: 30 million men in one attack what the gently caress. God I love Lohengram's counter though.).

So thanks, I guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU