Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Steve Yun posted:

New anime is actually not bad so far. I’m not a fan of the character designs and sad that they’re not using classical music but other than that the production value is great and the way they slightly rearranged the story is fine so far like introducing Yang as a punchline in the last 5 seconds of the first episode

Just hoping they get to the Artemis Necklaces, Iserlohn vs Geiersberg and other kaboom episodes and throw their newfangled animation budget at them

Yeah, my biggest gripe is also the character designs, and I'm kind of skeptical about this entire remake as I feel the original anime is just perfect as it is- but I did get nerd chills at that ending anyway :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

tsob posted:

One of the best parts of the new series was the special episode, where one member of the cast (I think it was Siegfried, or maybe Reinhard's VA) went to the Legend of the Galactic Heroes cafe in Tokyo (I didn't even know there was one till then) and was interviewed about the show. The older VA for the same character from the original OVA's comes in about the half way mark, and then the author of the original light novels makes an appearance for part of it too. They have some food from the cafe, try one of the drinks and just chat about the story, their views on the character and how they play them, the differences in the versions etc.

It must have been up on Crunchyroll at some point to say I saw it, but looking now I don't see it. Either that, or I'm going mad and imagined the whole thing :goleft:

Would absolutely love to see this if anyone finds it online somewhere

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I've always been curious, how are the (translated) books? Worth picking up?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Thanks! This rules and is hilarious

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Kingtheninja posted:

God dammit. gently caress you episode 82. I need a drink.

Yep! I took a 6 month break after that episode. No fictional death has ever hit me that hard before or since. It's gutwrenchingly awful but such great storytelling and definitely worth soldiering on.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Dawn, Ambition and Endurance are still listed on my euro audible, but I don't know if audible actually has netflix-esque region locks

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Bleck posted:

Haven't been in this thread because I'm trying to avoid spoilers in my first watch of the OVA, but I just wanted to let you all know that I just finished episode 82 and I am not okay.

Yep. I took a six month break between 82 and 83. shits hosed!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Budget better be big enough to create the mastercrafted wig neccesary for whoever hottie playing Reinhard