Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I sell out for boobs
Feb 23, 2001

Unlike the mass of the forums, I don't feel the movie was as brilliant as pegged by critics. The main problem for me regarding the movie is that I HATED Miles character. His constant analytical talk of wine annoyed the hell out of me, and caused me to detach myself from the movie. Since about the first hour features Paul being this neurotic reclusive wine freak, I found myself practically falling asleep. I will give the director and writer credit though, the second half of the film really was impressive. Most of the brilliantly acted scenes by Giammati were within the last hour, (nods to scene in wedding parking lot)and after the errant golf shot, I found myself liking his character a lot more. The movie was just overall a lot funnier in latter scenes too.

Lastly, I'd like to agree with whoever said they'd like to see Jack getting hosed more at the end, although I liked how the ending was cut.

Pros: Humorous, great second half, natural and more high brow than most Hollywood offerings
Cons: First half is slow (I know a lot of people will say that Miles character had to be that depressing and lame in the first half to see his character progress...but I just really couldn't stand him at all) Wine talk is overdone

Voted: 3.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU