Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squall91
Nov 19, 2002

DONG LARGO DEL BURRO DEL DONG
I felt this film was alright. The story got a bit preposterous at times and I could have done without the whole wine motif which was useless and unneeded except for that scene out on the porch where Miles and Maya (sp?) talk about wine, which has the most obvious metaphors ever (I like them when they're a bit more subtle, you know?).

What almost ruined this film for me was Jack. One of the dumbest characters I have ever seen in a film. GEE, I JUST GOT MY NOSE BASHED IN BY A WOMAN WHO DIDN'T KNOW I WAS GOING TO GET MARRIED, NOW I'M GOING TO gently caress A FAT WAITRESS!!! I wish the ending was less happy and featured him getting even more hosed than he was...maybe his fiancee could have found out about what really happened or something.

However, the rest of the actors save this film, especially Paul Giamatti (one of the most underappreciated actors of today...hopefully that'll change with this and American Splendor). Yet again, he puts on one of my favorite performances of the year. The two actresses (Madsen and Oh) have pretty normal roles that don't require any stretch of ability so I guess they were alright as well.

3.5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU