Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Morticia
Jul 23, 2002

Boohbah Mofo!
I don't know if this will really work since both of you are probably on the lease and you are both 'responsible' for the apartment but it might be worth trying?

I would have called the landlord to let him know what your room mate was doing to the place. I would also invite the landlord over and show him that the place has been damaged and you have been a prisoner in your own room because of your weirdo room mate.

If you don't, when you move out the landlord might try to charge both of you for repair/cleaning/replacements that he will need to do before he can rent to someone else. I would show the landlord that the room mate did the damage and NOT YOU!

At the very least, maybe the landlord will kick both of you out and you can get away from your crazy room mate. Yeh you may have to pay money to get out of the lease or whatever, but if you have the money, save what is left of your sanity and just do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU