Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trash
Aug 6, 2001
Argumentum ad nauseam is the incorrect belief that an assertion is more likely to be true the more often it is heard.
Going against the grain, I could never connect with most of the characters in RT. I thought it all fit a lot better in its original context in Salinger's novels. Hackman was great, but a lot of the other players ruined it for me and the whole suicide bit did next to nothing for me. I'm nowhere near the fan of Bill Murray's schtick as most people, but I totally dug this movie. Maybe it was the guy in the row behind me who kept going, "What the gently caress this is so weird"... maybe it was the fact that every Life Aquatic reel headed to my part of the Kansas City area got lost in transit thanks to snow... I don't know. I loved the hell out of this thing. We'll see if it lasts -- I know RT hasn't aside from a few great scenes, and I really haven't seen Rushmore enough to figure it out one way or another (other than that I love the parking lot model airplane scene).

Oh, I also dislike the Cousteau thing in Rushmore... but this still worked. I don't get it, but I know it was great.

I agree with the Sigur Ros thing; that was dumb and one of the big reasons I went for 4.5 instead of 5. Compare it to the use of the Faces' song at the end of Rushmore... poor choice and it distracts from the image. It's pretty much as close as you could get to throwing a cheesy melodrama string swell into a wes anderson picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU