Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I enjoyed this movie a lot, and thought it was one of the better films I've seen this year. I liked how the computer animation didn't look real, and how the set went back and forth from a real looking boat to the big (and obviously fake) cross-section. People are saying it was about a mid-life crisis, but I thought it was more generally about coming to terms with reality and growing up Zissou acknowledging his son, for example I didn't really think the movie was like Lost in Translation at all, as that film was based in reality and this one is not meant to be realistic (at least that's what I got out of it).

The acting was good all around, although Paltrow's accent got sort of annoying. Some people complained about the pacing, but I didn't notice. I enjoyed it the whole way through. I'm giving it a 4.5/5 for being an excellent movie. Not the year's best, but I liked it enough that I will buy the DVD.

quote:

afdmb41 came out of the closet to say:
There were some misplaced laughs at the end when they put their hands on Steve and Sigur Ros played. I, on the other hand, cried during the scene.
People laughed at this when I saw it too, and I didn't understand why. I thought it was touching.

quote:

IRQ came out of the closet to say:

The nemesis was, well, why the hell was he the nemesis? It was never really fully explained,
I thought it was very clear - besides being Steve's wife's ex-husband, he was also the exact opposite of Steve as a scientist, that is, cold and high-tech as opposed to Zissou's more reckless and adventurous spirit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU