Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vampiress
Jul 20, 2004
top story at 6...bloody goth destroying the house of mouse
i quite liked it.
one thing i like about wes anderson flicks is the way he shoots it. the scene where they explore the boat was cool. i never think his characters are "real" so the really odd fish didn't bother me, they added to the charm of the movie. i normally so not like owen wilson, but in this one i could finally watch the movie and not think owen wilson the whole time. his accent was a bit spotty, but i think that was on purpose.

now i spoiled this next bit because some people may not want to read my review of the music before seeing the flick. the music was really spot on. bowie in portugese was fantastic, and hte guy singing was great. i even liked the sigur ros song, granted it is one of my favorites. i loved how the scenes all transitioned with the songs and the singer was a character. that really tied the whole movie together. and some of bowie's themes in songs really lent to the absurdity of the movie and the spacey looking fish. wes always does a good job with music in his films.

like most wes anderson films i walked out with a definite wtf feeling, but i suspect like rushmoore and royal tennanbaums, tomorrow i will start really pondering this movie and growing to love it more.

i agree about the jeff goldblum and dog scene, there were actually quite a few scenes that freaked me out a bit. and quite a few that i was the only one laughing.
in a year fraught with lindsay lohan and lizzy maguire movies, this was a refreshing and entertaining movie.
4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU