Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jc dracula
Nov 7, 2001
Directed by: George A. Romero
Starring: Hal Holbrook, Leslie Nielsen, Ed Harris, Stephen King, other dudes

stephen king with his shirt off

leslie nielsen in the shower

beyond the obvious eroticism of the two above scenes there are also a couple decent horror stories here

creepshow is directed by george romero, written by stephen king. it's a power-hour (it is actually longer than an hour) of horror titans paying homage to the olde time EC comics like Tales From the Crypt and Deathly Horrors Magazine and Terrible Blood Stories and Vault of Horrible Doom

this is why there are many parts stylized to achieve a comic-booky look, with hand-drawn borders layered over the images and wild lighting in primary colors, multiple looks for the 5 short stories (plus bookends)

segment "The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill" looks like a blacklight poster in places; segment "The Crate" has Romero at his best, photographing claustrophobic interior spaces. the visuals are pretty cool but the writing is a little spotty just like king's own short stories, each segment bearing a single horror concept that jumps to the punch quickly and, if it doesn't really work, just seems kinda pointless. I AM LOOKING AT YOU SEGMENT ONE

if you want to see a better-than-average horror movie on a thursday night then this one will be O.K. to rent

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083767/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waylaja
Jul 17, 2003
Loved this one when it came out, and i still think it is a classic. In 82 when it was released, i was only 11. Talk about creating an 11 year old things to be scared of. After this one, who didnt think twice about sticking your hand in a dark box of some sort, or what about the somewhat comical acting of Stephen King? And let us not forget the Roach story, tell me that didnt make you have second thought severytime you seen a cock roach after that. Talk about heebee jeebee's