Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProdigalSon
Sep 15, 2003
Directed by: Yun Je Gyun
Starring: Im Chang Jung, Ha Jin Won, Choi Seong-Guk, Jin Jae-Yeong

This is one of the first Korean movies that I've seen an actually enjoyed. It's a comedy, but turns into kind of a pity/romantic comedy about halfway through. It features what I think are some charismatic characters and being Korean, includes some interestic and entertaining cinematic and cultural quirks. The only downsides that I found were that the story was a little predictable and seemed to use the American Pie series as a blueprint, which may in fact not be a downside at all if you enjoyed that series. The main characters love interest is beautiful, also. Recommended.

4.0/5.0

RATING: 4.0

PROS: Some charismatic characters, funny dialogue, good subtitles
CONS: Very similar to American Pie, the end

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0341555/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eyecannon
Mar 13, 2003

you are what you excrete
I enjoyed this film immensely, it's much better than American Pie.

4/5