Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
I went to see it tonight with my mother (a long-time fan) and girlfriend (a non-fan). My mother and I thought it was a funny, well-written movie. My girlfriend, who is bored by sci-fi in general, did not like it.

It's not the books. That's okay; it was funny in its own right, but not stupendously so. I hope all the nerds who bitch and moan and cry about it being a travesty and an affront to their senses contract AIDS.

If you're a moderate fan, go see it. If you're a non-fan, don't see it. If you're a rabid, obsessive fan, don't bother because you'll hate it for not being a word-for-word transcription of the book.

Rating: 3.5/5

New Yorp New Yorp fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 30, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU