Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DBlanK
Feb 7, 2004

Living In The Real World
Fan of the book, enjoyed the tv series even though the effects where cheesy.

This movie, was entertaining, I laughed a lot, but also found myself many a times saying wtf, this is horrible.

For some reason, the way they did zaphod's second head just really bothered me, I think I would of rathered the lifeless manaquin head from the tv series.

As everyone has said, new scenes and love sublot where anoying. I know they were trying to make this into a "movie" but im not so sure the villians and over the top love story and right of passage garbage were really necessary, definitly low points of the movie in my opinion.

Im not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but I am definitly waiting for a sequal, but mostly because the movie left me with the feeling, "Where is the rest of it? When does the next one start?" Overall, I found the movie entertaining, but with little repeat value as I would rather take the time to re read the first couple chapters of the book, Im sure it would be much more enjoyable.

If you are board and looking for a handful of good laughs, or if you are a big fan of the book, then you will most likely enjoy the movie, otherwise its just another typical cheesy comedy flick with a couple spots of brilliant humor.

3/5

P.S. I must agree that while that dolphin song was slightly amusing, it made me want to shoot myself.

DBlanK fucked around with this message at 00:57 on May 7, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU