Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
St Germaine: The anything you want machine is just Trillian showing Arthur that they are living in a place where they have luxuries all around. It wasn't really anything in itself

I saw it last night and I was pretty pleased. The beginning was great, the ending was good, but the middle really really dragged. The entire romance thing could of been completely cut out, mostly because it led to me cringing from the dialogue. I'm also happy that it seems like a sequel is coming.

Favorite parts:
Whale, opening song, Arthur throwing up yarn, the ending with hundreds of depressed Vogons, the race against paperwork and time on Vogsphere, Sam Rockwell
Least favorite parts:
Romance plots, most everything that Trillian did (though I can't blame the actor, she just got some horrible lines), parts of the book being omitted in what seemed to be midjoke ('I had to go down to the cellar.' And....the movie moves on)

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU