Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Rob
Jul 12, 2004

Fallen Rib
I didn't get my hopes up, but it was far better than I worried it would be. There were some flaws, mainly in the pacing- it felt very rushed- but overall, it was excellent.

The casting was perfect. Trillian was cute, charming, and intelligent. Sam Rockwell as Zaphod was perfect. Despite all the complaints about him when he was announced, Mos Def was great as Ford. And Arthur was just as I imagined him. Marvin and the Vogons were done very well too.

I wish we could have seen a bit more from the Guide. The Humma Kavula subplot was pointless. I agree with Leyburn that the Point-Of-View gun brought around some horrible dialogue; I hated that scene. Some of my favorite parts from the book were missing- Veet Voojagig? Eccentrica Gallumbits? But the intro with the dolphins was fantastic, the Magrathea pieces were great, and they did include the whale and bowl of petunias. I was worried I'd have to cover my face with the towel I brought, but I never had to.

Rating: 4/5
Pros: True enough to the book to satisfy fans, while still bringing new stuff; flawless casting.
Cons: Some of the new stuff was pretty bad; a lot of the lines fell flat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU