Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Being a huge fan of the books, I was naturally looking forward to this movie. Apparently, however, my memory of the books must be bad because i don't remember half of the things in the movie happening in the book. They did, however, get a firm grasp on the characters (or lackthereof, in trillian's case) which I felt was what made this movie shine. The characters come out being just how I had remembered them in the book. The plot added some things, took away some things (it's hard to represent Adams' strange tangents that took up entire chapters of the book on screen), but visually I felt it was a strong representation of what the book was all about. I'm definitely seeing this again.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU