Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genuine Fake
Oct 2, 2004

quote:

FeatherFloat came out of the closet to say:
I'm an avid Hitchhiker and Douglas Adams fan, so I've got an admitted bias here.

First of all, the same goes for me. I've been in love with Doug since I picked up HHGTTG.

Second of all, the movie is very different from the book. When Adams wrote the screenplay for the movie before his death (*sniff*) he changed the plot alot. Most of the new stuff I really enjoyed, though I do feel like the ending like some things open... (Kavula plot). I'm not entirely sure actually if Adams finished the screenplay, which would explain that. The casting was amazing, Freeman got the Dent face down perfectly. I was sceptical about Mos Def, but he pulled Prefect off amazingly. Rockwell was indeed a "perfect obnoxious work of art." And I can't imagine a better voice for a manically depressed robot than Rickman.

As a Hitchhikers fan I was pleased with the amount of references others would not get (Zaphod calling Ford, I believe, a zarking frood, Zaphod's use of "Belgium", the TV shows theme and the appearence of the original Marvin), but i think these were not focused on enough to confuse those who hadn't read the books.

I had to wipe away tears with my towel when I saw Doug's face and "For Douglas".

Pros: Great casting, good fan service, yarn people, vogons
Cons: Seems unfinished, did not explain how the vogon ships "hung in the air exactly the way a brick doesn't"

4.5/5

Maybe even 4/5... I really love that line.

Willing to raise to 5/5 for marvin plush toys

Genuine Fake fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 30, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU