Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
fork banger
Jan 3, 2001

What would we do if hand-held game technology was stuck in the 80s? We would have action packed movie licensed LCD screen games, obviously.

You guys can be extremely funny, and I'm sure you can come up with wittier ideas than I have.

LCD Font is from here and some good quality hand-held game photos can be found here. I know these photoshops could be more time consuming to create than other photoshop threads, but I think a little extra effort always makes a difference. Lets see what you guys can do. :)

fork banger fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 17, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pogue23
Aug 15, 2002

Son, I am disappoint.
wow those look like they took way more work than i have time for..

superb . voting 5

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Meglar
Jun 9, 2002
Amazing job. I'm going to start on one, looks like a lot of work.

HypeTelecon
May 19, 2003

Destroying ecosystems for fun and profit!
I wish I could draw. This thread has a lot of potential. The Matrix one almost looks real.

blahz
Dec 18, 2004

Those are simply amazing. Had I not known that those were photoshopped, I would have believed them to be real.

Eris Is Goddess
Nov 18, 2000

This is awesome, I played those terrible Tiger Electronics games before the invention of the GameBoy.

fork banger
Jan 3, 2001

quote:

pogue23 came out of the closet to say:
wow those look like they took way more work than i have time for..

superb . voting 5
Thank you but I think it's a bit premature to vote until people post photoshops too. :(

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Holy crap this idea and fork's execution are absolutely amazing.

I love them both, but I'm not quite sure what's supposed to be happening in the Best Friend's Wedding one.

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004
Those are great and I hope someone more talented than myself gives us more.

fork banger
Jan 3, 2001

quote:

OorahAirForce came out of the closet to say:
I'm not quite sure what's supposed to be happening in the Best Friend's Wedding one.
Basically the movie was quite stupid with the three main characters running around, trying to win the guy's heart in time for the wedding and Julia Roberts is upside-down because she falls down a lot.

Butt Cord
Jan 28, 2005

The State was not formed in progressive stages; it appears fully armed, a master stroke executed all at once; the primordial Urstaat, the eternal model of everything the State wants to be and desires; the basic formation, on the horizon throughout history.
believe it or not this is completely unedited...

edit: wow i had so many of these...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Butt Cord fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 6, 2005

TheSniperZERO
Jan 18, 2004

quote:

arc_arsenal came out of the closet to say:
believe it or not this is completely unedited...

Thanks for the great photoshop friend! :rolleye:

But seriously, Forkbanger... stellar execution. Nice work. I'm going to rack my brain and attempt to think of a good idea.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

when the gameboy first came out i saved up my money for a while, but just didn't quite get enough. christmas came and my mom knew how much i wanted one... but money was quite scarce. in sympathy to my desire and efforts to save she bought me a lcd game.

i felt really bad because it was absolutly horrible. it had these aliens that were rip offs of the Aliens movies that came down from the top in a lame space invaders way. it worked for a week, then broke. my mom lovingly tried to get the 'next best thing to a gameboy' but these lcd things were terrible.

your pictures rock.

Jaded Samurai
Mar 29, 2004

Yarr ^^_
Gold, without any photoshops minus the op. Wonderful.

pogue23
Aug 15, 2002

Son, I am disappoint.
13 posts and gold..

has to be a new record

----------------

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

BlindTourist
Mar 12, 2004

The early worm gets eaten by the bird.
Holy poo poo! I have the original Knight Rider game you based the second image from. Great idea for a thread, I'll have one up shortly

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

quote:

pogue23 came out of the closet to say:
13 posts and gold..

has to be a new record

Yeah, that surprised me a bit. Only the OP and it went gold. Sure, they were good 'shops and this thread has definite potential, but gold after a single entry??

I've got platinum, so where are all the pms?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wow, Fork Banger raised the bar about 50 notches for new photoshop threads.

----------------

Russell William Thorpe
Nov 18, 2004
oh hell, beaten

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Those are loving beautiful. Looking forward for what's to come.

WAU

Butt Cord
Jan 28, 2005

The State was not formed in progressive stages; it appears fully armed, a master stroke executed all at once; the primordial Urstaat, the eternal model of everything the State wants to be and desires; the basic formation, on the horizon throughout history.

quote:

TheSniperZERO's mouth spat forth:

Thanks for the great photoshop friend! :rolleye:

edit: whoops Halo != cinema, sorry

happy now, jerk? :moore:

Butt Cord fucked around with this message at 18:02 on May 6, 2005

man thats gross
Sep 4, 2004

That's some pretty cool poo poo right there.

applekid
Oct 12, 2004

beware the sock
Wow those original ones are just great. This is an awesome idea :)

T-Lag
Sep 25, 2004
Nuevo
Voting five just because it is a crazy idea that you managed to pull off.
Woohoo! My vote pushed it into gold!

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

This is great. If I can come up with a decent idea, then I'll try and contribute, although it won't be animated. :(

Why is the Agent shooting bullets from his fingertips? (Yeah, I'm a jerk, I know)

Drake Lake
Aug 7, 2003

I'm a respected community leader! A shining pillar of moral strength!
You know, I should be asleep by now, but seeing those has inspired me to stay up and work on one. Awesome work.

Signature.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Oh man, I'd forgotten all about those games. They were so crappy but I loved them. Great thread, you're full of wacky photoshop ideas.

For the times that you want to go and bust rhymes real slow, i'll appear, slap you on the face, and enjoy the show. Oh, this dope nose.

fork banger
Jan 3, 2001

fork banger fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 17, 2005

BDM05
Sep 28, 2004

Dillon, Texas
Home of the panthers

I like how "You Lose" is ghosted in, but "You Win!" is not possibly anywhere. Mr. banger, this game is RIGGED!

Balls of Adonis
Aug 2, 2004

quote:

fork banger came out of the closet to say:
http://xs27.xs.to/pics/05185/reservoirlcd.gif

Oh forkbanger, you are to photoshop threads what bigpeeler is to mspaint threads. I really liked this one.

fork banger
Jan 3, 2001

quote:

BDM05 came out of the closet to say:

I like how "You Lose" is ghosted in, but "You Win!" is not possibly anywhere. Mr. banger, this game is RIGGED!

They all lose in the end. :(

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

should be smaller but my GIF animator sucks :mad:

pakchooi
Jul 28, 2003

Half robot, half vegetable.
Astounding as ever.
Another brilliant idea and execution from Mr.Banger.

DragonKeeper
Aug 4, 2004
MOLE GAVE ME THIS ACCOUNT OK GUYS
I have the sudden urge to actually create these. But somehow I think my overwhelming sense of laziness will make quick work of that.

applekid
Oct 12, 2004

beware the sock
Nice Kill Bill game! :D

king of crimson
Jul 23, 2001

by The Finn
these are loving hilarious, but oh man Linguica, that Kill Bill game has me lollin..

----------------

Broman
Oct 26, 2004

Smile fo' me daddy
What you lookin at
Let me see ya grill
Let cha see my what

Ye, ya grill ye, ye, ya grill
These are brilliant.
Five.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?

quote:

Linguica came out of the closet to say:
should be smaller but my GIF animator sucks :mad:

http://www.doomworld.com/linguica/killbill.gif
If only the crystal goop came in yellow.

Thaddeus "The Cobra" Barnsworth III asssfodays

szkud posted:

I'll be using EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold Edition for the '36 Chamber Orchestra' Symphonic Wu-Tang tribute I'm starting just as soon as I get my MacBook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindTourist
Mar 12, 2004

The early worm gets eaten by the bird.