Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mister Orange
Dec 1, 2002

Dissed like Vlissingen
This is a seriously cool thread, thanks for the great stories guys.

I've just got a cool story to add, very short one at that.

During the battle of the Bulge, the Germans send a couple hundred soldiers behind enemy lines, dressed in american clothing and driving american vehicles to cause mayem. This meant they gave out false orders, changed roadposts and whatnot. This meant that the americans became really suspicious of eachother. The germans had falsified American identification papers to near perfection. However, the original American documents contained a rather obvious typo. Instead of Identification, it said Indentification. The Germans however, corrected the mistake and gave out papers with the proper spelling. That made rounding up the germans much easier for the Americans.

I just love that story so much, can't really explain why. I read it in Citizens Soldiers, by Steven Ambrose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU