Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stone Wolf
Feb 26, 2005

I've seen, heard, and felt things that defy explanation except through vainly desperate skepticism.
Directed by: Guy Ritchie
Starring: Brad Pitt, Jason Stratham, Benicio Del Toro

This is probably one of my most favorite movie's of all time. It's the second film from director Guy Ritchie, kind of an unofficial sequel to Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (well so I've been told; haven't actually got around to buying that one yet).

The movie starts out with the heist of a diamond exchange, by a group of robbers dressed as orthodox Jewish Rabbi's. The intro credits feature security camera clips of the group of pseudo-Rabbi's making their way through the diamond exchange to the building's vault room, while discussing tenets of orthodox Judaism. Upon reaching the vault, it's balls to the wall, and the 4 of them rob the exchange, with the big prize being an enormous diamond, of obviously spectacular value. Thus begins the movie.

The diamond is given to one Franky Fourfingers (Benicio Del Toro) who is to deliver it to the keeping of an American in New York. Well bank robbers being what they are and greed being what it is this does not happen, and the central plot of the movie revolves around various nefarious characters attempting to retrieve it, or being influenced by events related to it.

Interesting characters include an incompetent Russian ex-KGB spy; an incoherent, drunken, boxxing champ; a ruthless, bloodthirsty, pig farming, gangster kingpin; a wannabe Jewish jewelry store owner; and a hitman with a bulletproof reputation.

The acting is good, and the ending ties all the points together quite nicely into a thoroughly rewarding and quite pleasing climax. Definitely a must see.

Still if you're looking for an education in crime I wouldn't try walking into a diamond exchange dressed as a Rabbi with a cache of hidden weapons.

Edit: Ugh. Searched through the list before posting this thread, and somehow missed this movie. Searching with the utility brought the original up. Closing thread, sorry.

RATING: 4

PROS: loving hilarious, good acting
CONS: Probably not an accurate description in any way of the criminal underground

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0208092/

Stone Wolf fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Aug 15, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU