Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Directed by: Greg McLean
Starring: Cassandra Magrath, Kestie Morassi, Nathan Phillips, John Jarratt

How can you be found when no one knows you are missing?

Thousands of people go missing every year. 90% are found within a month, the rest are never seen again.
Ben, Liz and Kristy are traveling through Australia to get to Wolf Creek. Once they get there, their car breaks down. They accept help from a overly friendly local. Little do they know, this local has some sinister hobbies.

This movie is really, really good. It's like 2 movies in one. The first half of the movie is a character drama where we get to know and love the characters. Some might say nothing happens in the first 45 minutes and they are right in one sense. No horror happens. There are no boo scares or anything No characters are added just to be killed early on, we just stick to the main group. We just hang out with the three main characters and begin to feel like they are our new friends. It hits a point when you don't want it to become a horror flick. I was filled with a terrible feeling of dread.
Then it becomes a horror movie. My new friends where being tortured and tormented. The suspence that billed from the first half is unleashed and it's one hell of a ride. I couldn't breath at some points, I jumped, I yelled at the characters to get out. I just wanted everything to end happily.

The killer in this movie is one twisted fucker. Probably one of the best killers I've seen in a long time. He was really scary. While he talks and jokes around he still remains scary. I'd worry if sequels came he'd become a bit of a joke like Freddy but in this movie he was terrific. It makes you not want to trust anyone, no matter how friendly they may seem.
The movie had some really great scenes and lines "That's not a knife, THIS is a knife". It's not shy when it comes to the red stuff either. While I wouldn't call it a gory movie, it really does have it's moments, moments that I will not give away.

The only downside is I wish the second half with the running, torture and chasing was a little longer, maybe about 10 minutes, even 5, it seemed over a little to quickly.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Great characters, great suspence. Fantastic villian.
CONS: A bit to short at the end.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0416315/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
This movie was the scariest thing I'd seen in a long time. Although its plot-- teen backpackers get abducted-- is nothing new, its inventive, unpatronising and blisteringly realistic approach to the whole harrowing tale is nothing short of astonishing. The movie's immersion is incredible and creates a real and lasting sympathy for its characters, instiling in its audience a desparate, gasping desire for our protagonists to survive. And its villain-- a terrifyingly believable outback wanderer with sadistic sentiments-- is gloriously, inhumanly human.

Wolf Creek is controversial addition to the Crocodile Dundee series but arguably the best yet.

mrbojangles_dcfc
Sep 9, 2004

I quite liked this movie, although my girlfriend didn't. She wasn't really scared by the often graphic depiction of violence, but said that she was just left thinking how stupid some of the characters decisions had been throughout the movie. I figured that this is one of the concepts that you have to buy into when you go and see a horror flick. If you buy into the fact that the characters are not always going to make decisions that make the most sense then you can sit back and enjoy the ride.

Well worth a watch if you get the chance.

Rating: 3.5