Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdCock
Jun 3, 2001

God's Hand
Cronenberg really dropped the ball with this film. I've seen almost all of his films and I can find quite a few redeeming qualities in all of them (yes, even eXistenz)... with the exception of A History of Violence.

This film was a HUGE letdown. I was really excited when I found out this movie was indeed going to get a wide release (I'm stuck in Arkansas), but now I'm finding that I wish I'd never seen it at all.

The plot was laughable. The dialogue was so cheesy and cliche. There were threads that never went anywhere and felt like they didn't add anything to the film (Like the nerd-turned-martial-arts-hero son). Everything seemed so thrown-together. While I have no problem with slower, more methodical pacing, it just seems as though some of the poo poo was dragged out as filler.

Am I the only person who thinks Viggo couldn't act his way out of a paper bag (and he's ugly as homemade sin to boot!)?

Pros: Ummm... MAYBE Hurt & Harris, great cinematography, and the extremely sparse black comedy?
Cons: Pacing, filler material, acting, dialogue, & Viggo.

2/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU