Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Directed by: Rupert Wainwright
Starring: Clark Kent from Smallville

The Fog is the first movie I've ever walked out of. Mind you, I've sat thru Mortal Kombat: Annihilations.

It's not even offensively bad, just incredibly incompetent. If you want to see one of the most incompetently directed horror movies ever, one that most ABC Steven King adaptations put to shame go see The Fog.

Oh yeah, it has ghost pirates. And this isn't a spoiler since the movie gives it away within the first minute.

RATING: 0

PROS: almost none
CONS: the movie

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://imdb.com/title/tt0432291/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dojokm
Sep 20, 2001

Not very good, but not really horrible either. It's extremely formulaic in every way. Highlight of the movie was my brother's comment. During the scene where the girl opens the freezer to find to dude sitting in there, my brother yelled out, "What, he's just chillin'"

Not worth the money, good for a late night rental to make fun of with friends.

2.5 out of 5

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

This is not nearly as bad as the OP makes it out to be. In fact, it's a decent horror movie. The acting by Superman (Tom Welling) and Shannon from Lost (Maggie Grace) hold up to horror movie standards. Selma Blair does a good job of looking pretty while looking scared out of her mind. The CG is top notch and the action keeps coming. My only complaint is that the ending seemingly comes out of nowhere.

I give it a 3

White1ce
Jul 31, 2003
IT IS YOUR CIVIC DUTY AS AN SA FORUMS MEMBER TO RUIN ALL OF THE THREADS I POST. IF I EVER POST A THREAD, TROLL IT!!!
I saw this last night, it wasn't horrible but it was still pretty dull. I wouldn't pay money to go see it. I would give it a 2.

RevBabyKiller
Aug 2, 2000

All that buys you is a little more pain than most
It does everything almost everything competently and very few things well. While it's not as good as The Ring (US), it is better than The Ring 2. Unfortunately it suffers from some of Ringu's problems, wherein plot points are inevitably provided by psychics. Ah, psychics, what exposition can't lazy writers rely upon them for?

The "scares" are soft sound LOUD BOOM types handled in even worse than usual, and the comedy relief is so tired it hurts, but the CGI is very nice. As for how it compares to the first (a movie that didn't really impress me to begin with), I'd say it's an improvement. Better special effects, comparable acting and much better cinematography.

Standard fare, not worth seeing but not worth shunning.
2.5/5

NovaHunter
Mar 13, 2004

Jack Bauer is my hero.
Horrible in the theater cut. CG was alright, but the movie sucked balls compared to the great original. The thing that is really hurting this film is the rating, which is PG-13. I remember reading a couple of interviews saying that they filmed some gory poo poo for this movie, but it is never seen in the theater cut. I'm hoping there's a kind of "Cursed" syndrome going on here, where the director shot tons of great, gory, scary poo poo and the studio went and ripped it all out. With Cursed, the theater cut was horrid, but the uncut version on DVD was infinitely better. Hopefully that will be the case with this film.

Then again, it could always be "AVP" syndrome, where the director says he did a lot of good stuff, but was really just lying out of his rear end the entire time.

Edisons Ghost
Oct 3, 2005
If wishes were horses, we'd all be eatin' steak.
Just watched it. Not a horrible movie but by no means was it better than average. It was exactly the kind of thing I was looking for to zone out on for a bit. The end kind of sucked though because the story didn't come together at the end. It was like this is happening and this is WHY it's happening and at the end none of that matters.

2.5/5

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
It's a great way to kill an afternoon, which is what I did. It won't be something you love forever and ever, but it's decent. It certainly didn't suck in the least.

Voted 3

Iroqouiz
Dec 13, 2004

Do you have any problems about picking up shit?
Voted 2.5/5.

This movie is dumb, but decent at some parts. The ending must be the most stupid ending in quite some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Innate
Feb 20, 2003

When a movie this horrible fails to be funny it's just offensive. And you don't even have to ask; of course it has a comic relief stereotypical irritating black guy, who in no way belongs on Islandsville, population 25. Also, even if walking around in panties in front of your twelve year old son could be considered normal, why the gently caress would you ever leave your house in the middle of the night in your panties?! Especially if you're not in a hurry. And it seems really cold out.

The good news is that there are no plot holes in this movie. Nobody could seiously argue that the movie actually has a plot to begin with.

I hated every loving character in this movie, not least the retarded "babysitter" who acted as if she was from another planet and was suffering from Alzheimer's. And why the hell is Jeopardy on TV 24 hours a day anyway?! Why is the priest a drunk, and why doesn't anyone give a poo poo? Not one character in this disaster of a movie makes any sense.