Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss March
Aug 29, 2007

We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

I watched this again recently, and like all of Kubrick's other movies (including EWS, so sue me), it gets better and better each time I watch it. The fluid movement of the steadicam through the hallways is a beautiful and appropriate throwback to his days of adoring Max Ophuls, and contributes to the mood immensely.

Jack Nicholson is brilliant in this, of course, but I think he's never quite this good in any other role, mainly because he never had a director expect as much out of him as Kubrick did. And he met those expectations marvelously. Duvall is a one-trick pony, but performs her one trick admirably.

5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU