Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ih8ualot
May 20, 2004
I like turkey and ham sandwiches
Directed by: Mark Dindal
Starring: (voices of) Zach Braff, Steve Zahn, Joan Cusack

Overall, Chicken Little is a good movie. There's a good plot and although it starts out and it seems as though there are excessive loose ends, by the end, everything is nicely wrapped up into a little basket.

Zach Braff does an impressive job with his voice acting of the title character. It's believable to imagine him as a lovable, cute, albeit weakened chick with the appropriate voice he has. Steve Zahn, playing Chicken Little's friend, Runt of the Litter (a pig) also does a good job, but his voice gets annoying at parts, especially when he sings, which unfortunately occurs quite often. Also, his excessive whininess gets irritating. Joan Cusack does a good job as well. All the characters are very believable. Hearing Patrick Stewart's short but sweet part was a total shock. Stewart rocks. The character I loved the most was the Fish because he's just SO COOL. He reeks awesome. I don't see why he's in the unpopular group. I want to be that fish.

Most of the movie was very fun and I loved most of it. However, like I said, there's a lot of singing by people you don't want singing.

This is the first non-Pixar Disney production of a CG movie, and they do a good job. This isn't The Incredibles, but it's definitely worth your money. It has funny parts both for adults and kids, so don't be afraid to take your yunguns to this one. Be warned though, it is very short, so don't expect Lord of the Rings length.

Overall, it's a good use of your time and the voice acting is the cherry on this pie.

RATING: 4

PROS: Very cute, great voice talents, animated well, great first non-Pixar CG Disney movie, the Fish
CONS: Short time (1 hr 21 min), excessive singing.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0371606/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrincessKate
Mar 16, 2004

Let's get it on, honey.
Zach Braff does not fit this role. It is extremely distracting listening to a whiny, annoying, adult voice come from a kid who is cute. The pop culture references aren't funny or clever, and as mentioned by TheSwami in another thread, the use of "oh snap" is embarassing. Disney has made much, MUCH better films. Also, the remake of an Art Garfunkel song was beyond out of place.

Lots of gags though for little kids who will probably enjoying watching it on repeat. Wait for the DVD if you have kids.

2/5

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
I think the script is the biggest weakness in this movie. It can't make up its mind as to whether it's a coming-of-age story or a Sci-Fi parody.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Excessive singing is common in a Disney movie. What is uncommon is for the soundtrack to be as bad as this one. Still, as a story/plot device, which is where Disney is desperately trying to prove themselves Not That Desperate to Pixar, they did a decent job.

I think the character's story about losing respect and trying to earn it back is pretty relatable. That's a big improvement to their awful movies like Brother Bear, or even decent ones like Lilo & Stitch. How do you relate to a guy turning into a bear? Or escaping your alien overlords and crashing incognito in Hawaii?

That said, the movie is barely an hour long, and even at that length they're squirming with B-Plots and C-Plots to make the story fit into that length of time, so perhaps this would have been settled better with an animated short.

Score: 3.5/5