Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bantha Poodoo
Dec 13, 2004
That's...that's what it is.
I didn't see this as a child. I rented it a couple years ago because a friend recommended it to me, knowing I love fantasy and whimsical things and unicorns. And I did really like it, except for a few things:

1. Red Bull gives you wings!! (not the movie's fault, but..)
2. Everything had BOOBS. The TREE had frickin boobs. That kind of disturbed me.
3. Some of the voice acting was not so hot.

But on the pro side!

1. The skull was awesome.
2. The song by America is so haunting and pretty (the title theme)
3. Some of the art was really pretty.

So this is one of those classics that, in the same way as most Don Bluth cartoons, are unique in their darkness. I loved that about cartoons in the 70's/80's and I wish they still had them today. Yes, Disney accomplishes this on occasion, but not nearly on the same level as Don Bluth or "The Last Unicorn".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU