Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So is the feeling that his wife won't bail, then?

I have zero clue over Taka’s personal life, but I have seen enough talk and chat shows and experienced enough here that unless he’s got secret babies with a mistress then it’s all just something to sweep up and forget about. The definition of “cheating” and the boundary at which the average woman would break it off are shifting but still much more cheat-tolerant than the contemporary West.

It’s changing with younger generations (fewer women would put up with rampant cheating, but more than you think still do) but it’s not as strict as the US or Europe would be now in my opinion.

Reminder that men can get a divorce and re-marry immediately in Japan, whereas women still must wait at least six months. Why? Lord knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

harperdc posted:

I have zero clue over Taka’s personal life, but I have seen enough talk and chat shows and experienced enough here that unless he’s got secret babies with a mistress then it’s all just something to sweep up and forget about. The definition of “cheating” and the boundary at which the average woman would break it off are shifting but still much more cheat-tolerant than the contemporary West.

It’s changing with younger generations (fewer women would put up with rampant cheating, but more than you think still do) but it’s not as strict as the US or Europe would be now in my opinion.

Reminder that men can get a divorce and re-marry immediately in Japan, whereas women still must wait at least six months. Why? Lord knows.

I remember reading that hostess clubs are so ingrained, that wives assume that, if their husband isn't dropping by to them once a week (or more), they probably ARE having an affair. Thing is, I imagine how wives view hostess clubs and and an affair are probably pretty different, but most of my knowledge of Japanese sociology comes from You Gotta Have Wa and Tokyo Vice: An American Reporter on the Police Beat in Japan and the odd article.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

harperdc posted:

The Supreme Court knocked this down as unconstitutional in 2016. For whatever reason, the Diet followed through with changing the law to be constitutional (a woman can now divorce a man one day and marry the next just like men can), but they kept the weasel language that forces a woman to wait 100 days before remarriage if she’s pregnant, and that the original husband will be considered the baby’s father if the baby is born within 300 days of the divorce.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TAKA got dismissed from his director position at K-Dojo and had his salary reduced by 100% for a year

https://twitter.com/ProresuToday/status/1060704811450945538?s=19

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp7KU8mlulj
Ouch

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 9, 2018

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I'm confused.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Felíz cumpleaños al mejor luchador en todo el mundo LA Park

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1062731531976892417?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Felíz cumpleaños al mejor luchador en todo el mundo LA Park

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1062731531976892417?s=19

never mess with god's mask

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Accidentally posted it here instead of the lucha thread but at this point we should consider a combined discussion thread

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Give Park a TC shot. Hell, Tommy Dreamer got one.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

hell yeah, Uncle Jun is coming to the US

https://twitter.com/pwrevolution/status/1068583546627940352?s=21

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/1069924351296835584

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Wait did he really change the name of the Red Arrow to the Black Arrow after joining a faction named R.E.D.?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

what a heel :swoon:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no joke

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/1069919058517217280

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Wait did he really change the name of the Red Arrow to the Black Arrow after joining a faction named R.E.D.?

isn't he the only one that wears all black in his stable?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when he used to tease the Red Arrow then refuse to do it and just locked the guy in his submission instead both as a heel move and to make the Red Arrow, in it's rare appearances, feel really special?

PAC is really great is what I'm trying to say here.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I watched my first full Dragon Gate show and there's more talking than I anticipated. So is there a good site or Twitter account doing summaries or translations for Dragon Gate? It would be nice to know what Eita and Dragon Kid were yelling at each other.

A guide to the factions and who is in them would probably be useful too. I know RED are the heel faction and have Pac and Eita and Ben-K and some others business less sure about the others. Mochizuki Dojo seems self-explanatory, a veteran taking a bunch of relatively new Dojo grads under his wing, but everything else has passed me by.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
As far as I know https://iheartdg.com/ is still a go to for english promos and stuff. It doesn't update right away with promos but will after a bit. This seems to be the official roster page https://www.gaora.co.jp/dragongate/data/prfl/index.html, but google translate likes to mess with some of the masked guy names. A lot of the "independent" guys are not wrestlers or one off jokes

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Kaito Kiyomiya defeated Takashi Sugiura in NOAH today to become the youngest ever GHC Champion at 21 years old. He's a really amazing talent and the match was incredible and you should watch it once it airs.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I haven't followed NOAH for about a month, and all I've got to catch up with are GL Battle☆Men highlights & the Final, plus whenever this new show comes out. I have a lot of hope for this young main event core of Kiyomiya, Kenoh, and Nakajima with Go as a veteran presence, however misguided it is to believe in NOAH's booking (and finances) in the near-future.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I've got faith in their booking. Everyone thought Kenoh dropping to Sugiura was a misstep and Sugiura had the best run of anyone this year. A few really interesting storyline hooks on today's show too.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I've got faith in their booking. Everyone thought Kenoh dropping to Sugiura was a misstep and Sugiura had the best run of anyone this year. A few really interesting storyline hooks on today's show too.

Is Sugiera still basically Japanese Kurt Angle? Because I remember liking what I saw of him back in the day and I was wondering if he was still bringing that same style to the table.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There's a little more roughness to his style than Kurt but he's still using the Olympic Slam and Ankle lock as his finishes.

Kaito is a straight up Misawa cosplayer too.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Well I'm intrigued, that sounds like a dream match by proxy.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really loved Kenoh so I was sad when dropped to Suguira so quickly. Not that Sug is bad, I just like Kenoh‘s living embodiment of Fist of The North Star.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

coconono posted:

I really loved Kenoh so I was sad when dropped to Suguira so quickly. Not that Sug is bad, I just like Kenoh‘s living embodiment of Fist of The North Star.

Same but Sugiura has been the best champion of 2018 and one of the guys with a claim to WOTY. Kenoh is challenging on 1/6 in a reversal of fortunes from the same date last year when Kaito challenged him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Somewhere, Cena weeps.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
For the two of you who might care about this, I've merged my All Japan and NOAH video sites (because I was able to sell the NOAH domain)

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Ditch posted:

For the two of you who might care about this, I've merged my All Japan and NOAH video sites (because I was able to sell the NOAH domain)

Your work is appreciated.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

ThePariah posted:

Your work has always been appreciated.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Hell yes, thank you Ditch. Your sites were a godsend when I was expanding my puro knowledge.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

watching the NOAH show from a week ago, and Shiozaki cutting such a gnarly bladejob for this dead-rear end crowd is making me sad

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

watching the NOAH show from a week ago, and Shiozaki cutting such a gnarly bladejob for this dead-rear end crowd is making me sad

The crowd was pretty hot so maybe it's just the production.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

The crowd was pretty hot so maybe it's just the production.

Must be, the crowd heat came off as completely non existent.

On the plus side, I still get a huge kick out of Minoru Tanaka coming out to B'z.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Naomi Yoshimura looks like he's suffered a pretty serious injury. He went limp after a pedigree and is being tended to by paramedics right now.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1079236132238315520?s=21

http://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1079237202171912193?s=21

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

He's just been stretchered out.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
drat that must have been a wild rear end pedigree to do that, always thought that was a really safe move

(dunno who did it and not blaming them or whatever I just always thought it was one of the safest things you could do involving an opponents head and neck)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

drat that must have been a wild rear end pedigree to do that, always thought that was a really safe move

(dunno who did it and not blaming them or whatever I just always thought it was one of the safest things you could do involving an opponents head and neck)

He didn't tuck his head by the look of it.