Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«180 »
harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So is the feeling that his wife won't bail, then?

I have zero clue over Takaís personal life, but I have seen enough talk and chat shows and experienced enough here that unless heís got secret babies with a mistress then itís all just something to sweep up and forget about. The definition of ďcheatingĒ and the boundary at which the average woman would break it off are shifting but still much more cheat-tolerant than the contemporary West.

Itís changing with younger generations (fewer women would put up with rampant cheating, but more than you think still do) but itís not as strict as the US or Europe would be now in my opinion.

Reminder that men can get a divorce and re-marry immediately in Japan, whereas women still must wait at least six months. Why? Lord knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

harperdc posted:

I have zero clue over Takaís personal life, but I have seen enough talk and chat shows and experienced enough here that unless heís got secret babies with a mistress then itís all just something to sweep up and forget about. The definition of ďcheatingĒ and the boundary at which the average woman would break it off are shifting but still much more cheat-tolerant than the contemporary West.

Itís changing with younger generations (fewer women would put up with rampant cheating, but more than you think still do) but itís not as strict as the US or Europe would be now in my opinion.

Reminder that men can get a divorce and re-marry immediately in Japan, whereas women still must wait at least six months. Why? Lord knows.

I remember reading that hostess clubs are so ingrained, that wives assume that, if their husband isn't dropping by to them once a week (or more), they probably ARE having an affair. Thing is, I imagine how wives view hostess clubs and and an affair are probably pretty different, but most of my knowledge of Japanese sociology comes from You Gotta Have Wa and Tokyo Vice: An American Reporter on the Police Beat in Japan and the odd article.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

icy chain with the watch now

harperdc posted:

The Supreme Court knocked this down as unconstitutional in 2016. For whatever reason, the Diet followed through with changing the law to be constitutional (a woman can now divorce a man one day and marry the next just like men can), but they kept the weasel language that forces a woman to wait 100 days before remarriage if sheís pregnant, and that the original husband will be considered the babyís father if the baby is born within 300 days of the divorce.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TAKA got dismissed from his director position at K-Dojo and had his salary reduced by 100% for a year

https://twitter.com/ProresuToday/st...1450945538?s=19

Jenkem Delivery
Feb 8, 2005

Death created time to grow the things that it would kill

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp7KU8mlulj
Ouch

Jenkem Delivery fucked around with this message at Nov 9, 2018 around 19:22

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

I'm confused.

Jenkem Delivery
Feb 8, 2005

Felíz cumpleaños al mejor luchador en todo el mundo LA Park

https://twitter.com/luchablog/statu...1976892417?s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Felíz cumpleaños al mejor luchador en todo el mundo LA Park

https://twitter.com/luchablog/statu...1976892417?s=19

never mess with god's mask

Jenkem Delivery
Feb 8, 2005

Accidentally posted it here instead of the lucha thread but at this point we should consider a combined discussion thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Give Park a TC shot. Hell, Tommy Dreamer got one.

«180 »