Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

No New Japan tomorrow but instead there's Dragon Gate at Korakuen Hall! With English commentary! Headlined by the first Naruki Doi title defence of his current reign! Against Kzy!

Dragon Gate Truth Gate 2020
7th February
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
6:30pm JST/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Open The Dream Gate Title
Naruki Doi (c) vs Kzy
3 Way Tag Team Match
Toryumon (Masato Yoshino & Shuji Kondo) vs Dragongate (KAI & YAMATO) vs RED (BxB Hulk & Eita)
Open The Triangle Gate Title 3 Way
RED (Diamante, HYO & Takashi Yoshida) (c) vs Toryumon (Dragon Kid, Kenichiro Arai & Ryo Saito) vs Dragongate (Keisuke Okuda, Strong Machine J & Yosuke♡Santa Maria.
Toryumon (Don Fujii, Genki Horiguchi & Ultimo Dragon) vs RED (Big R Shimizu, Kazma Sakamoto & Kaito Ishida)
Dragongate (Dragon Dia & Yuki Yoshioka) vs Toryumon (Susumu Yokosuka & Yasushi Kanda)
Kota Minoura vs Masaaki Mochizuki
Ben-K, Jason Lee & Problem Dragon vs Gamma, Kento Kobune & Taketo Kamei
Prelim Tryout Match
Martin Kirby & Michael Zu vs Ho Ho Lun & Super Shisa

Should be an enjoyable show and the Dream Gate match will be a banger. The absolutely fantastic Pac defence against Kzy was at this point in the calendar and we got one of the best matches of 2019 from it.

Boy, that tryout match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Finally, all us Ho Ho Lunatics out here getting our Ho Ho Lun fix.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/KassiusOhno/status/1225546289288556551?s=19

Hideki in a WWE shirt disgusts me on a visceral level.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Big DX and Brothers of Destruction fan Hideki Suzuki

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Vince heard that Dean Ambrose was wrestling some guy named Suzuki that wasn't under contract to NJPW and commanded his cronies to poach him. This is the result.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The Akira Francesco and Shuji Ishikawa tag team that was on a couple of New Year Wars shows has been fun.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

All Japan Pro Wrestling Excite Series
February 11th 2020
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
11:30 JST/02:30 GMT/10th February 21:30 EST/18:30 PST

Triple Crown Title
Kento Miyahara (c) vs Yuma Aoyagi
AJPW World Tag Team Titles
Violent Giants (Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama ) (c) vs Purple Haze (Lucas Steele & Shigehiro Irie)
AJPW Junior Heavyweight Title
Susumu Yokosuka (c) vs Francisco Akira
All Asia Tag Team Titles
JIN (Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto) (c) vs. Wild Menso (Black Menso~re & Takao Omori)
Manabu Nakanishi All Japan Farewell Match
Dan Tamura, Ryouji Sai, TAJIRI & Yoshitatsu vs Jun Akiyama, Manabu Nakanishi, Osamu Nishimura & Yutaka Yoshie
JIN (Ayato Yoshida, Fuminori Abe & Naoya Nomura) vs Purple Haze (Izanagi, UTAMARO & Zeus)
Evolution (Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada) & JR Kratos vs Hokuto Omori, Rising HAYATO & Tsugutaka Sato

Should be a fun Korakuen show. You'd imagine Kento will win to keep up his run of defence and eventually beat Kawada's record. A Susumu Yokosuka match is always a match to look forward to. Also the JIN vs Purple Haze 6 man will be good. I clearly haven't gotten to the show where Purple Haze changed their name from Corps of God? (Or recruited Zeus but I'd already heard that one)

Anyway, great timing for US fans, absolute shitter for me to watch live but so it goes.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dipshit Cody Hall bounced from another Japanese promotion

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1226686190079725568

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pwned

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/Cody_Hall1/status/1226643249873346560

In case you're curious, he explains what he said.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

omfg, cody you dingus

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Dipshit Cody Hall bounced from another Japanese promotion

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1226686190079725568

thank you god

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dig up stupid

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Where next for Scott's large failson? 2AW? Osaka Pro? Or has he finally burned enough bridges?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Cody Hall go to JTO

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

forkboy84 posted:

Where next for Scott's large failson? 2AW? Osaka Pro? Or has he finally burned enough bridges?

debuting soon for zero one at the war crimes shrine

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Naoya Nomura is out with a herniated disc in his cervical spine. Probably won't be back for the CC. AJPW really need to pull the triggers on one of their younger guys under Kento. Hopefully Aoyagi does it tomorrow cos he's looked killer as a heel.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Give him a Taichi defense to bring the story full circle and I'm on board.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Even as a Taichi fan, seeing him rock up to AJPW thinking Aoyagi is still the kid he pushed around and getting wrecked would be extremely good

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

All Japan Pro Wrestling Excite Series
February 11th 2020
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
11:30 JST/02:30 GMT/10th February 21:30 EST/18:30 PST

Triple Crown Title
Kento Miyahara (c) vs Yuma Aoyagi
AJPW World Tag Team Titles
Violent Giants (Shuji Ishikawa & Suwama ) (c) vs Purple Haze (Lucas Steele & Shigehiro Irie)
AJPW Junior Heavyweight Title
Susumu Yokosuka (c) vs Francisco Akira
All Asia Tag Team Titles
JIN (Jake Lee & Koji Iwamoto) (c) vs. Wild Menso (Black Menso~re & Takao Omori)
Manabu Nakanishi All Japan Farewell Match
Dan Tamura, Ryouji Sai, TAJIRI & Yoshitatsu vs Jun Akiyama, Manabu Nakanishi, Osamu Nishimura & Yutaka Yoshie
JIN (Ayato Yoshida, Fuminori Abe & Naoya Nomura) vs Purple Haze (Izanagi, UTAMARO & Zeus)
Evolution (Hikaru Sato & Yusuke Okada) & JR Kratos vs Hokuto Omori, Rising HAYATO & Tsugutaka Sato

Should be a fun Korakuen show. You'd imagine Kento will win to keep up his run of defence and eventually beat Kawada's record. A Susumu Yokosuka match is always a match to look forward to. Also the JIN vs Purple Haze 6 man will be good. I clearly haven't gotten to the show where Purple Haze changed their name from Corps of God? (Or recruited Zeus but I'd already heard that one)

Anyway, great timing for US fans, absolute shitter for me to watch live but so it goes.

oh poo poo i've been a bit out of the loop on all japan lately despite still being a subscriber and didn't realize this this was tomorrow or an early show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

CC line up will be announced too.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DDT put up the NOAH Sugiura-gun produce All Dogs Bark in Korakuen Hall show.

https://twitter.com/ddtuniverse/status/1226795177668268033?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Naoya Nomura is out with a herniated disc in his cervical spine. Probably won't be back for the CC. AJPW really need to pull the triggers on one of their younger guys under Kento. Hopefully Aoyagi does it tomorrow cos he's looked killer as a heel.

God dammit. That sucks. That really loving sucks. I had him as my favourite to win the Carnival and he'd have gone from that to beating Kento.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Nomura is so good. I hope he gets better soon.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Can someone tell me why Shuji Ishikawa isn't in Evolution?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Same reason Yoshitatsu never joined Nextream I guess

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i remember thinking the same thing with saku and chaos and when he finally officially joined he stopped wrestling in new japan shortly afterwards. maybe it's for the best

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

forkboy84 posted:

Can someone tell me why Shuji Ishikawa isn't in Evolution?

changed their minds and went with Batista at the last moment :downsrim:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I went to bed before 7pm so I could wake up for live Kento title defence time.

Kento will win but it wouldn't be the worst thing for Aoyagi to get the upset victory. Especially if Nomura is missing the CC. But I think they want Kento to get that title reign record.

Also excited for my guy Susumu Yokosuka to make Akira look like a future star in defeat because Susumu rocks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

They announced the Champion Carnival lineup and Davey Boy Smith Jr is coming in. Real big pop too.

Oh yeah, and Takashi Sugiura, this is cool. And Ayato Yoshida but that's less of a surprise.

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1227073751784624129?s=19

Notable that Joe Doering and Dylan James are missing though.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 11, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dylan James is finished with AJPW

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

That sucks, I really liked Dylan James. :( James/Okabayashi is one of the best matches of last year, and I really wanted to see what he'd do here. Oh well. Also would've loved to see Rampage Brown, because he had that absolute banger with Shuji last year that I thought would've put him on the map, but there's always next year. Lucas Steel should be interesting, especially against Kento.

That said, gently caress yeah, Nomura's gonna make it! :woop: Also, holy poo poo, Irie! Kamitani! SUGIURA!!! I did not know just how much I wanted to see Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion Takashi Sugiura before now. Assuming V10's against Aoyagi and V11 is, idk, Akiyama's last stand, I'd love it if Sugiura took the CC and then stopped the Kento. Irie would be cool too though, especially since Stronghearts is one of the most popular Japanese stables outside of New Japan at the moment.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm bummed if Doering's done in All Japan without at least a better sendoff match than *checks Cagematch* a tag match with Jun Akiyama against Daisuke Sekimoto and Tsugutaka Sato

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
When I first saw talk of Kamitani being in the Carnival my first thought was Saya Kamitani and I can't help but think that would be very funny and sort of cool.

Nomura might get pulled later on: this strikes me as there being a chance he could be back but not being 100%: we'll see. Other than that mostly an upgrade on last year I'd say: Yoshida being in it is very good; I like Irie as well; really big spot for Lucas Steel who they seem to be high on and there's no Daichi Hashimoto so overall I'm happy.

The rumour going around for Dylan James was that he got into a fight somewhere and that led to them dropping him. Also heard about Doering being gone as well but I don't know how accurate that is - the fact that he's not in the Carnival hints towards it though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

That said, gently caress yeah, Nomura's gonna make it! :woop: Also, holy poo poo, Irie! Kamitani! SUGIURA!!! I did not know just how much I wanted to see Triple Crown Heavyweight Champion Takashi Sugiura before now. Assuming V10's against Aoyagi and V11 is, idk, Akiyama's last stand, I'd love it if Sugiura took the CC and then stopped the Kento. Irie would be cool too though, especially since Stronghearts is one of the most popular Japanese stables outside of New Japan at the moment.

V11 is Suwama

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I hope DBS Jr wins the triple crown

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Good to see Yoshida getting more high-profile bookings, he's way too good to be slumming it in the zombified remains of TAKA's old promotion.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

This Nakajima Wrestle-1 championship reign is funny as gently caress. He went in and complety annihilated their champion, got challenged by their ace and then knocked him the gently caress out. Kaz Hayashi, the company President is next in line at their big show. I love Nakajima and NOAH and don't care about W1 so I'm loving it but surely doing a one man invasion where the GHC champion's tag team partner comes in and goes over all your guys isn't the smartest booking decision no matter how it ends?

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
I watch W1's YouTube show every single week and love them dearly but I don't know if I could always call the booking "smart."

Unless this just leads to Soya taking his rightful spot again, that would be very, very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kobashi is doing a meet in greet in Tampa during Mania weekend

https://twitter.com/ICWNEWYORK/status/1227774570930802688