Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«227 »
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Redesigned Open the Dream Gate title looks good imo

thank god they kept the cool key gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

need to see it with 7 or 8 keys on it before i judge it. The key gimmick is the coolest stuff.

Schneider Heim
Oct 17, 2012

Does NOAH have little to no interference (think Bullet Club shenanigans) in their booking? I feel like I need a palette cleanser from all the nasty things that Bullet Club has been doing of late in NJPW.

(I already have a WRESTLE UNIVERSE sub, I'm just looking for more reasons to get into NOAH more)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Does NOAH have little to no interference (think Bullet Club shenanigans) in their booking? I feel like I need a palette cleanser from all the nasty things that Bullet Club has been doing of late in NJPW.

(I already have a WRESTLE UNIVERSE sub, I'm just looking for more reasons to get into NOAH more)

I don't think NOAH has had any real interference spots since Hooligans broke up at the beginning of last year.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Redesigned Open the Dream Gate title looks good imo

Speaking of the Dream Gate, people should defintely watch the Eita/Doi Dream Gate match from Memorial Gate this morning/last night. It was extremely good, might be my favorite match of the year.

Fun fact about Dragon Gate after the show
With Eita's win, and Lee and Minoura capturing the Twin Gate, every champion in the company is currently under 30.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/stat...1119096832?s=19

Poor Amish guy gets the bad number

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER

College Slice

Dimebags Brain posted:

Speaking of the Dream Gate, people should defintely watch the Eita/Doi Dream Gate match from Memorial Gate this morning/last night. It was extremely good, might be my favorite match of the year.

Fun fact about Dragon Gate after the show
With Eita's win, and Lee and Minoura capturing the Twin Gate, every champion in the company is currently under 30.

As well, Eita's the first person since YAMATO in 2010 to win a Dream Gate with their first challenge/key. There was a reason why I was so down on his chances on otvg/preview. Like how they committed to him winning it completely clean and in a style of his great 2016 run. Have to think he's going to get turned on in the cage next month though.

JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

i loved yammy's run in 2010. that was probably the year i felt most invested in the company. does DG have any relationship with any mexican promotions currently?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER

College Slice

JOHN CENA posted:

i loved yammy's run in 2010. that was probably the year i felt most invested in the company. does DG have any relationship with any mexican promotions currently?

Several. With Ultimo back, they restarted their relationship with IWRG (His gym was based at Arena Naucalpan). Shun and Yoshioka have been mostly working that and DTU (where Flamita was from). Which makes things interesting because Jimmy is based in the DTU splinter Lucha Libre Vanguardia (which is run by Draztick Boy, who did a ton of DG tours.)

Some of that might change. IWRG seems to be getting in bed with AAA which CIMA is affiliated with, but itís a healthier relationship because of Ultimo so who knows.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I thought the redtext someone dumped on you was in bad taste and a bit much so here's a corgi instead.

Schneider Heim posted:

Didn't notice this before but yeah, NOAH is not doing much in the way of outside interference for the year or so I've been regularly watching again.

Added bonus is that a lot of their shows have been shown live and for free on Abema.tv (& free on demand for 7days before it gets uploaded to Wrestle Universe)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

King of DDT 2020 tournament starts Saturday live on Wrestle Universe with the entire 14-match first round

El Lindaman vs Yukio Naya
Seigo Tachibana vs Toru Owashi
Danshoku Dieno vs Antonio Honda
Kazusada Higuchi vs Mizuki Watase
Nobuhiro Shimatani vs Yuki Ueno
Daisuke Sasaki vs Tomomitsu Matsunaga
Shunma Katsumata vs Yukio Sakaguchi
Mad Paulie vs HARASHIMA
Yuki Iino vs Shinya Aoki
Chris Brookes vs Makoto Oishi
Kazuki Hirata vs T-Hawk
Minoru Tanaka vs Soma Takao
Konosuke Takeshita vs Naomi Yoshimura
Tetsuya Endo vs Akito

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

I will never shake your hand.

Ever.

Jeez, 14 matches on the card will be exhausting, but definitely looking forward to Endo Vs Akito

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

'Dramatic Challenge'? Someone's getting a bye to the semifinals?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I thought the redtext someone dumped on you was in bad taste and a bit much so here's a corgi instead.

Watched through the undercard of the NOAH show from this morning, not really much I'd say you need to go out of your way to watch. Not-RATELs-Any-Longer vs Full Throttle was a fun Junior 6 man tag if just for the extreme weirdo energy of Kotoge & YO-HEY facing off. YO-HEY is definitely someone who is much more fun with an audience around to react to his goofs. The semi-main is your NOAH Trueborns (Suzuki, Shiozaki & Kiyomiya) vs the 3 guys left who jumped from All Japan with Misawa (Ogawa, Marufuji & Sugiura) which is a pretty fitting match for a show like this on the eve of the 20th anniversary of the company's very first show (the one with the terrific Akiyama/Kobashi vs Misawa/Taue match) so it's nice to watch from that angle & there's some good stuff between Shiozaki & Marufuji to setup their title match tomorrow. Or I guess technically today. So not essential but a couple of fun little matches. Don't want to watch the main while I'm feeling so tired so I can full appreciate me some kickboys.

And yeah, I know Sugiura didn't debut until in NOAH, but he was in the AJPW Dojo at least so he counts.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

forkboy84 posted:

3 guys left who jumped from All Japan with Misawa (Ogawa, Marufuji & Sugiura)
Holy poo poo

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

NOAH going the double-champs route too

Kenoh (GHC National champ) challenged Go Shiozaki (GHC Heavyweight champ), belt for belt, for the Yokohama show

JOHN CENA
Oct 20, 2006

im trying to figure out of shiozaki looks more or less japanese than the threshold that was deemed to be "too much" during his wwe tryout

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

JOHN CENA posted:

im trying to figure out of shiozaki looks more or less japanese than the threshold that was deemed to be "too much" during his wwe tryout

Go has looked plain for years until recently.

wonder if NOAH had more plans with the National title as a gaijin belt until the virus messed that up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Full card for the NOAH Yokohama finale show August 10

Tadasuke and YO-HEY vs Haoh and Nioh
Kotaro Suzuki, Yoshinari Ogawa and Kinya Okada vs Atsushi Kotoge, Hajime Ohara and Seiki Yohioka
Naomichi Marufuji, Masaaki Mochizuki and Yuko Miyamoto vs Katsuhiko Nakajima, Shuhei Taniguchi and Muhammad Yone
Daisuke Harada defends the IPW:UK Junior title against HAYATA
Takashi Sugiura, Kazushi Sakuraba and Kendo Kashin vs Masa Kitamiya, Manabu Soya and Yoshiki Inamura
Keiji Muto vs Kaito Kiyomiya
GHC Heavyweight champ Go Shiozaki vs GHC National champ Kenoh with both belts on the line, winner take all

It'll air live free on Abema here https://abema.tv/channels/fighting-.../Dd3gtJdQtXgqMZ and be available to free to view on demand there for a full week after, I believe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

i can watch abema and my sleep schedule will prob already be hosed thanks to a new japan weekend so i might try to catch at least the second half live

«227 »