Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Big Japan have announced the Ikkitousen Death Match Survivor 2021 Lineup

Block A
– Violento Jack (FREEDOMS)
– Abdullah Kobayashi
– Masaya Takahashi
– Jaki Numazawa

Block B
– Drew Parker
– Takumi Tsukamoto
– Yuko Miyamoto (666)
– Shunma Katsumata (DDT)

Block C
– Ryuji Ito
– Masashi Takeda
– Minoru Fujita
– Kankuro Hoshino

Block D
– Hideyoshi Kamitani
– Akira Hyodo
– Yuki Ishikawa
– Isami Kodaka

Show starts on 3rd March with Abdullah Kobayashi vs. Masaya Takahashi & Takumi Tsukamoto vs. Shunma Katsumata & the final is on May 16th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven

forkboy84 posted:

Matchwise, a bit of a flat Dragongate Korakuen, but it progressed some angles & stuff. New unit formed at the end of the show with Dragon Kid & YAMATO joined by Ben-K & Keisuke Okuda

I really liked the R.E.D/Masquarade match, but that is pretty much a guaranteed banger at this point and the Vibes/Team Benk match was fun as well. For me the Korakuen undercard matches have felt flat because of the unit shuffle. Like I was expecting the turnaround to the new units being a bit faster so when an undercard match just... happens and nothing happens I feel kind of disappointed. Things will probably start picking back up next month, since the first two months are kind of an "off-season" for DG anyways.

About the new unit: it looks strong as hell! I was halfway expecting Ben and Okuda heading a stable of their own, but this lineup has the mic skills to cover for Ben. With this lineup it feels a bit "DG Gen but with DK" but that will probably fade when they get their colors and logo. Also looking forward to new member/members, cause they are missing a loss post. Maria? Kagetora? Sora Fujikawa?

As for the rest of the unaffiliated gang, will we get one more unit, or will the other units get re-enforcements? The guys currently without a group are: Maria, Kagetora, SMJ, Mochizuki, Yoshida, Gamma, Fujii, Kanda, Fujikawa, Stalker, Kondo, Mondai Ryu, K-Ness, Arai, Shisa, Shiiba, Shachihiko BOY, Yoshino and Ultimo. Shachi, K-Ness, Shisa and Arai will probably stay unaligned. Will Mochi and Yoshida be a new core for Mochi Dojo? Will Yoshino pick a side or just stay out of the unit warfare? Will Ultimo become the new leader of Team Boku?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I was listening to the latest Wrestling Omakase which had a short preview of the forthcoming NOAH Budokan show. As John and their guest talked about it and I was getting excited for Harada vs Yoshioka and Kenoh vs Funaki and Go vs Mutoh I remembered a couple years ago, before Lidet stepped in, that the chatter was WWE were looking to buy NOAH as the base for NXT Japan

God drat have we ever missed a bullet.

Anyway, realised the DDT show with Endo vs Akiyama is nearly here so decided to actually get stuck in to the backlog. Watched the 16/1 Young Communion reunion show, mostly just whatever but the main event had Akito talk about how the shows existed for guys like them who weren't ready for main events to get experience and so in that tradition he called Nakamura and Okatani into the ring and let them go at it. It was cool and fun and only a mite below HM level

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

yeah if you remember they did a kenta (while he was still the wwe) vs maru match at the last big noah show pre lidet. they sniffed around and got rebuffed by most notable non new japan feds in the country and triggered bushiroad buying stardom

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Gotta say, I’m loving the 2 hour Korakuen format Dragσn Gate’s got going. Everything is very svelte and flowing.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I really hope Baliyan Akki's showing in the Chris Brookes Produce 2 main event leads to him getting some DDT bookings. That match was great, and he's a really charismatic guy to watch wrestle.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Watching the DDT double shot from the 17th Jan and gotta say that him getting into it with Yuji Hino is the first I've ever thought more about Yukio Naya than "he has size and nothing else" so that's been good use of Hino.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

13/2/2021, Saturday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/1am GMT/8pm EST/5pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro89
Ichigaya Chocolate Square
Ryo Mizunami vs Yuna Mizumori
Best Bros (Baliyan Akki & Mei Suruga) vs Emi Sakura & Asuka
Live on Youtube

12pm JST/2pm AEDT/3am GMT/10pm EST/7pm PST

NJPW Road To The New Beginning USA
Jordan Clearwater vs JR Kratos
BATEMAN vs Clark Connors
Chris Dickinson & Danny Limelight vs Ren Narita & TJP
As live on NJPW World

12:30pm JST/2:30pm AEDT/3:30am GMT/10:30pm EST/7:30pm PST

BASARA
Takashimadaira Ward Community Centre, Tokyo
Ryota Nakatsu vs Takato Nakano
Fuminori Abe vs Masato Kamino
Daiki Shimomura vs SAGAT
Isami Kitaka vs Akiyori Takizawa
Takumi Tsukamoto, Yasu Urano, Tsutomu Oosugi & Banana Chiga vs FUMA, Yusuke Shiranami, Transam ★ Hiroshi & Daichi Kazato

5pm JST/7pm AEDT/8am GMT/3am EST/12am PST

Stardom Go To Budokan! Valentine Special Day 1
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Queen's Quest (Momo Watanabe & Utami Hayashishita) vs STARS (Ruaka & Saya Iida) vs Gokigen ☆ & Lady C
Donna Del Mondo (Himeka, Maika & Natsupoi) vs Oedo Tai (Konami, Natsuko Tora & Saki Kashima)
Bea Priestley vs Saya Kamitani
COSMIC ANGELS (Unagi Sayaka & Tam Nakano) vs Mayu Iwatani & Rin Kadokura
SWA World Title: Syuri(c) vs AZM
Wonder of Stardom Title: Giulia(c) vs Starlight Kid
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

Also shows from Big Japan, Colega, Ice Ribbon & Dove Pro

14/2/2021, Sunday

10am JST/12pm AEDT/1am GMT/8pm EST/5pm PST

Gatoh Move ChocoPro90
Ichigaya Chocolate Square
Card TBA
Live on Youtube

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST

Stardom Go To Budokan! Valentine Special Day 2
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Gokigen ☆ vs Lady C
Momo Watanabe vs Ruaka
Donna Del Mondo (Natsupoi & Syuri) vs Oedo Tai (Natsuko Tora & Saki Kashima)
Mayu Iwatani vs Unagi Sayaka
AZM & Mei Hoshizuki vs STARS (Starlight Kid & Saya Iida)
Giulia vs Saya Kamitani vs Tam Nakano vs Utami Hayashishita
Goddess of Stardom Titles: Oedo Tai (Bea Priestley & Konami)(c) vs Donna Del Mondo (Himeka & Maika)
Show presumably uploaded to Stardom World

1pm JST/3pm AEDT/4am GMT/11pm EST/8pm PST

2AW GRAND SLAM in TKP Garden City
TKP Garden City, Chiba
Hiroshi Yamato, Kyu Mogami & Ricky Fuji vs Chicharito, Takuro Niki & Naka Shuma
Ayame Sasamura & Rina Shinagaki vs Mari & Misa Matsui
Ayumu Honda vs Kunio Toshima
Jun Tonsho & Taishi Takizawa vs Kaji Tomato & Shu Asakawa
Daiki Wakamatsu vs Hikaru Sato
2AW Tag Titles: Kengo Mashimo & Tatsuya Hanami(c) vs Kotaro Yoshino & Tank Nagai
2AW Openweight Title: Ayato Yoshida(c) vs Taylor Adams
No broadcast details but it'll probably end up on NicoNico?

2pm JST/4pm AEDT/5am GMT/12am EST/9pm PST

DDT Kawasaki Strong 2021
Culttz, Kawasaki
Hideki Okatani & Mizuki Watase vs Toi Kojima & Yusuke Okada
ALL OUT! (Akito, Konosuke Takeshita, Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Iino) vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki, Mad Paulie, Soma Takao & Yuji Hino)
Maya Yukihi & Saki Akai vs Miyako Matsumoto & Saori Anou
Chris Brookes, Maki Itoh & Super Delfin vs Keigo Nakamura, MAO & Mirai Maiumi
HARASHIMA & Yuji Okabayashi vs Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Naya
KO-D 8 Man Tag Titles: Antonio Honda, Kazuki Hirata, Shinya Aoki & Super Sasadango Machine vs Danshoku Dieno, Makoto Oishi, Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi
DDT UNIVERSAL Title: Yuki Ueno(c) vs Yukio Sakaguchi
KO-D Openweight Title: Tetsuya Endo(c) vs Jun Akiyama
Live on Wrestle Universe

6pm JST/8pm AEDT/9am GMT/4am EST/1am PST

New Japan Road To Castle Attack
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also Wave, Ryuku Pro, JWP & Stronghearts

15/2/2021, Monday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also Colega

16/2/2021, Tuesday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also Colega & BASARA

17/2/2021, Wednesday

Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Card TBA
Live on NJPW World

Also Actwres girlZ, Ice Ribbon, Lands End, Colega

18/2/2021, Thursday

All Japan 2021 Excite Series
Shinkiba 1stRING, Tokyo
Match order TBA
Ryuki Honda vs Yoshitatsu
Abdullah Kobayashi vs Kento Miyahara
NEXTREAM (Atsuki Aoyagi, Rising HAYATO & Yuma Aoyagi) vs Black Mensore, Francesco Akira & Takao Omori
Dan Tamura vs Izanagi
Enfants Terribles (Hokuto Omori, Kuma Arashi & Shotaro Ashino) vs Jake Lee, Koji Iwamoto & TAJIRI
Evolution (Hikaru Sato & Suwama) vs Twin Towers (Kohei Sato & Shuji Ishikawa)
Live on AJPW TV

Also Just Tap Out & Colega

19/2/2021, Friday

DDT Damnation Illegal Assembly Returns Vol. 3
Shinjuku FACE, Tokyo
Hoshitango vs Mad Paulie
Nobuhiro Shimatani, Soma Takao & Yuji Hino vs Masamune, SAGAT & Sushi
Tanomusaku Toba & Shuji Ishikawa vs Toru Owashi & Yasu Urano
Daisuke Sasaki & Hiroshi Yamato vs HUB & Yasutaka Oosera
Hagane Shinno vs Tetsuya Endo
Uploaded to Wrestle Universe 22nd February

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Big Japan Pro Wrestling
Korakuen Hall, Tokyo
Takuho Kato vs Takuya Nomura
Fuminori Abe & Kazuki Hashimoto vs Kota Sekifuda & Tatsuhiko Yoshino
Daichi Hashimoto, Yuji Okabayashi & Yuya Aoki vs Daisuke Sekimoto, Kazumi Kikuta & Ryota Hama
Abdullah Kobayashi, Akira Hyodo & Jaki Numazawa vs Masaya Takahashi, Minoru Fujita & Yuki Ishikawa
Drew Parker, Kitaka Isami & Masashi Takeda vs Hideyoshi Kamitani, Ryuji Ito & Yuko Miyamoto
BJW World Strong Title: Yasufumi Nakanoue(c) vs Ryuichi Kawakami
BJW World Death Match Title Takumi Tsukamoto(c) vs Kankuro Hoshino
Airs on Samurai TV 25th February

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Straight up forgot DDT was this weekend, thought it was closer to the end of February. Top two are going to be great, especially old man Jun pulling it out for another main event

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1360062465019674625

hell yeah

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

looks like something a late 80s / early 90s action cartoon left on the hood of your car, I love it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

J-Ro posted:

looks like something a late 80s / early 90s action cartoon left on the hood of your car, I love it

I was going to say it was just in time for the Snyder Cut but this is more accurate.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's very "comic book adapted media"

I do dig it.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

The red logo never felt right so I'm glad they went back to green. I don't want the green canvas back though, I always thought it was an eye sore. Sorry to those whom I may have offended.

Edit: I googled it and I guess the old logo wasn't green itself but I always think of it being on a green backdrop. (Probably the aforementioned eyesore ring canvas.)

just rust fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 12, 2021

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I finally got it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I like that. I liked the other one too but this has bite.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I was hoping the boat would be back too

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It kind of looks like a boat.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Same energy

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

That logo looks loving dope.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Toot toot! All aboard!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it's not great but it's at least better than the last one simply due to being the right color. more promotions should stick to the new japan and all japan model of simply never changing them tho

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Watching the 23rd Jan DDT and want to shout out Keigo Nakamura (the skinny bald young boy who wears a singlet). Before his 6 man tag he grabs the mic from MAO and goes off on a promo about how everyone should watch the TV show he's in and MAO and Yukio Naya should watch and learn from him to become big stars like him.

Obviously I am going off Dramatic DDT's translation but the way he did the promo was great and very amusing, with MAO in the background with his head in his hands. Very fun promo even without being able to understand it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZvnEHXaLnY the thumbnail of this press confrence seems to have some implications after seeing todays ddt show.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

So what's the general opinion about Mutoh as GHC champion? Not sure I need to spoiler that because it's been more than 24 hours, but better safe than sorry.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

It seems a risky move to me but I can understand why they did it. Makes for a good jumping-on point into NOAH, he'll get beaten by Kaito, and Go will probably win the N1.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I mean, if Mutoh didn't win, who's a credible challenger enough for Go to drop the belt to?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

I mean, if Mutoh didn't win, who's a credible challenger enough for Go to drop the belt to?

He could have lost it to Nakajima in November. It's been 13 months since Go won the belt from Kiyomiya so he could reasonably have lost it to him. That's the 2 big ones.

In principle I'm not against Mutoh beating Go after he has gotten increasingly broken down over his year, but if Mutoh beats Kiyomiya again then that would be inexcusable.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

According to Takagi, there was a lot of demand for the DDT show last night which is why the servers went down. Seems like a good thing.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361096808135417859

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Uncle Jun is a draw :hai:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm honestly curious if Wrestle Universe got a bump from the AEW women's tournament. That's pretty much why I signed up for TJPW.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
We came this close to having Bill Goldberg, Keiji Mutoh, and Jun Akiyama as champions at the same time in 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

2021 Go Shiozaki could drag Bill Goldberg to a 30 minute MOTYC

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lily Catts posted:

Eventually there's gotta to be some crossover with the DDT guys, a lot of them are close to NJPW/World Class talent. Mao, Higuchi, Endo, Sasaki, Akito, and Takeshita are already primed for the NOAH style matches and Mutoh/HARASHIMA could even be a draw at some level.

DDT's come a long way since Kudo/HARASHIMA/Ibushi + Omega were their only S level talent, DDT has got a dozen in the last 5 years.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Surprising nobody, Mutoh has officially joined NOAH's roster.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361194580771696643

Mutoh being signed for more time than Jun seems weird!

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361196834090147842

Wow, can't believe Jun is burying the PC.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361201339724746753

Akiyama vs. Haguchi on March 24th.

Ueno's Ibushi-isms are coming along nicely.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361204297271181315

Ueno's next defense is on the 14th, but no challenger yet. He might be doing an open challenge?

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361205134684954630

Kaito officially challenging Mutoh at Fukuoka.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361207840833085440

lmao someone emailing Mutoh about showing up on Impact

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361209754190704644

KENOH being very rude.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361212088182468610

Summing it all up, DDT: Universal Title on the 14th, unknown challenger. KO-D On the 28th, Jun Akiyama(c) vs. Higuchi

NOAH: GHC tag on the 7th, Sakuraba and Sugiura (c) vs. Nakajima and Kitamiya, GHC National also on the 7th, KENOH(c) vs. Kendo Kashin, Keiji Muto(c) vs. Kaito Kiyomiya on the 14th.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Feb 15, 2021

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Higuchi had a standout D-Oh, so happy to see he's being rewarded with a title match for it

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

This is why Kenoh is king.

The one thing that has me worried is Mutoh signing a proper, presumably full-time deal. Because uhhhh if he beats Kaito then I have serious problems with NOAH.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

who aside from mutoh has even been signed to all three trad major promotions at some point in their careers? the only other guy who comes to mind is kanemaru, and his new japan contract can't even be fully confirmed

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I'm absolutely fine with Mutoh having a transitional gold watch reign to give heft to DDT and Noah working more closely. However I do think that Kiyomiya needs to beat him, especially with the Mutoh "I've beat Kiyomiya recently and he will be an easy opponent to rack up defenses against, so I'll take the match" comment. That's something that is great as hubris but makes Kiyomiya look like poo poo if Mutoh just beats him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

DDT card for February 23 absolutely whips https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1361313689442258948?s=19