Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
BANG! TV is part of Dory Funk Jr's microscopic Florida indy/school. I think the "TV" part is there to trick students into thinking it's legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

BANG! TV is part of Dory Funk Jr's microscopic Florida indy/school. I think the "TV" part is there to trick students into thinking it's legit.

isn't that the one that was almost totally financed by cheesecake photos of Mickie James?

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012

coconono posted:

NOAH's always been a really bitchin sand castle

What does this meeeaaaaaan

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Whos booking NOAH?

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

Whos booking NOAH?

It's not me because I would have put Cage over that jabroni midget Nakajima

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Whos booking NOAH?
It was Jado up until the end of the Suzuki Gun stable were there and after that I don't think there was news on who took over

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Giant Murderbaby posted:

What does this meeeaaaaaan

sand castles don't last, maaaaaan.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
it's probably uchida

Giant Murderbaby
Dec 16, 2012

coconono posted:

sand castles don't last, maaaaaan.

That's an appropriate metaphor duuuuuude. Still sad to see though.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

coconono posted:

isn't that the one that was almost totally financed by cheesecake photos of Mickie James?
I have no knowledge of this but it wouldn't shock me. There's a lot of skeeviness surrounding Dory and his wife.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Ditch posted:

I have no knowledge of this but it wouldn't shock me. There's a lot of skeeviness surrounding Dory and his wife.

Never heard this, send us the sleaze ditch

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
-There were lots of rumors and drama floating around 10+ years ago about their business/personal relationship with trainee Adam Windsor.
-Marti hated Giant Baba, and when Baba died she got Dory to say some negative things.
-Marti in general seems like a nasty piece of business; makes Dory tough to work with.
-This (new to me, seems emblematic of the Z-list indy scene): http://wrestlingnewscenter.blogspot.com/2012/01/dory-funk-jr-being-sued.html

So much of the stuff isn't online anymore.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
One time I asked the ivpvideos guy why so many of his older bootlegs called Dory jr. "some guy", and apparently Dory's wife started threatening literally anyone using Dory's name, possibly including reviewers but definitely including people selling legit VHS release of WWF shows on eBay.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

give 'em a call at 352-895-4658 and ask for the full photo set.

mildly NWS:
http://www.dory-funk.com/laree.html

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

coconono posted:

give 'em a call at 352-895-4658 and ask for the full photo set.

mildly NWS:
http://www.dory-funk.com/laree.html
Back in the mid 00's I used to own a forum called Wrestlinggameszone and I'll never know why but Dory Funk Jr always had the website linked on their as one of his "Favorite websites" and for all I know it's probably still there

e: IT IS

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this goddamn thread is 11+ years old

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

Tanahashi has talent but in most cases needs to be carried. I'd honestly say the same thing about Styles because I'm not a fan of spotfests, but in AJ's case at least he has said spotfests. When Tanahashi has an off night he's very bland because his offense isn't particularly great.

I would not expect much for Styles vs Tanahashi.

some posts dont age well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

gif Probst posted:

some posts dont age well

The match was very bland.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

gif Probst posted:

some posts dont age well
Tanahashi didn't have a strong 'big match' performance until December 2006. In January 2006 he was in a weird limbo between being an effective underdog and being an effective headliner, and his moveset was part of the problem.

I'm still amazed by Styles' transformation.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
tanahashi's offense never did get any better though

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
DDT Pro-Wrestling got bought out by a huge IT company.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Adaptabullshit posted:

does that mean I'll finally get to reset my password for DDT World?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Adaptabullshit posted:

$3 billion in sales in 2016? Yoooooo.

Online advertising, games, and media. It looks like they have delivery platforms, so it could be a purchase targeting content. Or there's a money mark in the M&A department, either way.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Soooooooo, what sort of silly venue could they rent with billionaire money for the next outdoors/house wrestling extravaganza.

Japanese Diet wrestling

Top-of-Mount-Fuji wrestling

a new wrestler that is just literally ASIMO

the possibilities, they are endless

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

There's a DDT card tonight at 11 eastern from Korakuen and from what I gather it's free to everyone on DDT Universe with no subscription necessary.

DDT “WHO’S GONNA TOP? ~DDT DRAMATIC GENERAL ELECTION 2017 ~LAST REQUEST SPECIAL!~”, 24/09/2017
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

0. Dark Match: Diego Vs Daiki Shimomura
1. Shunma Katsumata & MAO Vs Kouki Iwasaki & Mizuki Watase
2. Yukio Sakaguchi, Masahiro Takanashi & Saki Akai Vs Kazusada Higuchi, Rocky Kawamura & Ryuichi Sekine
3. Soma Takao & Yasu Urano Vs Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie
4. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – Battle Royal: Yuu (c) Vs Keisuke Ishii Vs Akito Vs Makoto Oishi Vs Antonio Honda Vs Sanshiro Takagi Vs Toru Owashi Vs Kazuki Hirata Vs Yuni Vs Royce Isaacs Vs Gorgeous Matsuno Vs Yoshihiko
5. DDT 20th Anniversary Special Single Match That Danshoku Producer Wants To Show Everyone But Is Worried Whether It Will Be Suitable Content: Danshoku Dino Vs Super Sasadango Machine
6. DDT 20th Anniversary Special Single Match That Danshoku Producer Wants To Show Everyone: HARASHIMA Vs KUDO
7. KO-D Openweight Title, DDT Extreme Title & Independent World Jr. Heavyweight Title – 3 Way Match: Konosuke Takeshita (K/c) Vs Daisuke Sasaki (E/c) Vs Ken Ohka (I/c)
(card courtesy of Dramatic DDT)

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Where's my friend Shigehiro

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hes in the united states right now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he was at the production table at evolve but gabe foolishly balked at giving us shige vs cedric

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Thauros posted:

5. DDT 20th Anniversary Special Single Match That Danshoku Producer Wants To Show Everyone But Is Worried Whether It Will Be Suitable Content: Danshoku Dino Vs Super Sasadango Machine

I love the names DDT gives their matches. Is this the longest name they've ever given a match or has there been a longer one?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

harperdc posted:

$3 billion in sales in 2016? Yoooooo.

Online advertising, games, and media. It looks like they have delivery platforms, so it could be a purchase targeting content. Or there's a money mark in the M&A department, either way.

Takagi needs to put her girls through school somehow.

It's a big win-win for both, as DDT gets a big organization backing them and a great outlet through AbemaTV. CyberAgent gets affordable content for their service and easy collaborations with wrestling.

For those who are unaware: AbemaTV is a mobile app that is a free-to-use streaming app that has channels that broadcast a variety of content, such as music shows, news, old school anime etc. They're collaborating with TV Asahi (yes, the company that has a stake in NJPW) for producing original content for their platform. It's mostly viewable through smart devices and computers, which has made it popular amongst the younger demographics.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Abema TV is where I go to look at japanese butts so this is perfect.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The first thing DDT Pro's billion dollar owners are doing are paying for rights to all licensed music so you they don't have to mute them anymore on VoDs or live streams :toot:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

RealFoxy posted:

The first thing DDT Pro's billion dollar owners are doing are paying for rights to all licensed music so you they don't have to mute them anymore on VoDs or live streams :toot:
Isn't that crazy expensive??

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ditch posted:

Isn't that crazy expensive??
Theoretically, yeah but Japanese TV does it all the time I just don't know how they get around it being streamed world-wide.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

RealFoxy posted:

Theoretically, yeah but Japanese TV does it all the time I just don't know how they get around it being streamed world-wide.
I would assume their copyright laws aren't as harsh as they are in the US, plus their legal system isn't as prone to garbage lawsuits. So maybe companies will accept smaller dollar amounts for song rights?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Ditch posted:

I would assume their copyright laws aren't as harsh as they are in the US, plus their legal system isn't as prone to garbage lawsuits. So maybe companies will accept smaller dollar amounts for song rights?

Japanese song use rights have to be weird. I haven't researched it at all but I have heard things which are turbo expensive in the US (Beatles, Rolling Stones, Michael Jackson) casually used on Japanese variety shows. And it's not "oh it's cheaper because it's foreign" I'm sure.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The Japanese Music Copyright organization JASRAC has a blanket fee where 1.5% of broadcast revenue paid allows you to use everything they have under their control, including any foreign artists. Since DDT is now affiliated with AbemaTV, they don't have to shell out any money as they are already covered by their parent company.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Hearing Bad Communication again when Ohka comes out will be worth it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
$4.99 for AJPW on Fite tonight in 30 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

$4.99 for AJPW on Fite tonight in 30 minutes.

That's just the Sumo Hall show from August. If you want to throw some money at AJPW, go for it; it's a decent card with two MOTY contenders in the Strong BJ/KAImura tag, and Miyahara/Ishikawa II.