Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
After watching DDT4, I'm looking for some new Akira Tozawa. Guy oozes charisma, and I was super impressed at both CHIKARA's King of Trios and DDT4 this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ditch posted:

Last year in PWG vs Hero and vs Steen both rocked. vs Hero was way better than anything from Japan IMO.

As for Tozawa in Japan, he's mostly been a jobber...

Yeah, I heard that Chima was really jealous of his success in America or something, so is burying the hell out of him in DG. I don't know how true that is, though.

EDIT:
I just found Akira Tozawa vs Danshoku Dino. It's every bit as crazy as you would think it would be, even though it's before Tozawa got his signature look.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ctur_akira-tozawa-vs-danshoku-dino_sport

Holy dick splits, I just realized this was the first Puro match I watched back in 2007. loving amazing.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:36 on May 13, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ditch posted:

And why he had like a million matches vs Danshoku Dino.
Dino is the most entertaining man in Japan. Surprisingly, he use to be a shoot fighter before he got fat and lazy. Besides, putting on a great match with Dino will put you over pretty hard.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ditch posted:

Dino was a shooter? Huh. Next thing you'll tell me is that he's straight!

he is

He isn't married, but he is straight. A lot of Japanese wrestlers are gay, though.

Still surprised the gently caress out of Dino showing up in WV a few years back. His English was good enough to say my Japanese sucked.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dancing Peasant posted:

MVP is the new IWGP Intercontinental Champion, hooray!

He's also the first. I loved MVP's interview. It makes me sad that the Miz/MVP stuff never went anywhere, those two cut the best two promos of their career in the same segment.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CombineThresher posted:

What's your source on this? I don't hear much about Japanese wrestlers beyond who's connected to the Yakuza and who hates gaijin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmcaKL6201w

It's an exaggeration, but there are quite a few of them in the Puro indy scene, most of which also work with ICE Ribbon.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Was that Onryo in there? I thought he was straight since I remember reading once that President Ramu was his kid. Also recognized (since I'm not that familiar with Japanese indy stuff) Sekimoto and I THINK Jaki Numazawa.

That was Jaki, yeah. And since Jaki regularly lip locks with Jun, I don't think that should surprise anyone. If you mean Daisuke Sekimoto, I don't remember him being in there. I'm not sure about Onryo.

But MEN's club is MEN's Teioh thing from a couple of years back. It was "managed" by Danshoku Dino (Under a guise) and just featured a lot of younger guys doing pretty weird stuff.

It's was like DDT Pro, but turned up a notch (If you can believe that.)

Not everyone that worked those shows were gay though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Out of the blue, Io Shirai showed up on Facebook's "People You May Know" panel. It's not weird for Japanese women to show up in there, even though I've got nothing wrestling or japanese-related on my Facebook page. Just a single, Japanese girl who's trying to learn English.

So I added Io, realized she's five days older than I am, and then found Kana's Facebook page. She knows a bit of English, and amusingly enough she comments on just about every picture she's tagged in with things like "I am Queen" and "I am excellent"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I have a blog bookmarked that keeps up with DDT Pro/Union and other shows DDT mainstays are going to be appearing (Such as BJW, ICE Ribbon, even DG, and NJPW shows)

I'll have to drop that on you when I get back home. They don't list ticket prices, but they list the venues and start times.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Not sure if this is the blog you have bookmarked, but JamieOD's DDT blog is a must for anyone hoping to keep up to date with the best wrestling fed in the world.

http://dramaticddt.wordpress.com/

Yes sir, it is. I'd be lost without that website, because DDT Fantasia has become next to impossible to get ahold of since 2009.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Muto stepped down as head of All Japan. I don't have a link, just now read it on the board. He apparently said he's doing it to take responsibility for the Harai situation.

quote:

Keiji Mutoh appeared at a press conference today and announced that he is stepping down as acting President and CEO for All Japan Pro Wrestling.
Mutoh has decided it upon himself to take responsibility for the Nobukazu Hirai situation. He apologized for everything that has transpired and hoped that Hirai gets well soon.
Masayuki Uchida... will be known forward as the President for All Japan, while Mutoh will still be a leader in the promotion on the Board of Directors.

On a side note: This seems to come about because Mutoh had not known what was going on in his own promotion. For something like this to happen under his guidance and watch is why he is officially stepping down, it seems.
Source: Puroresu Spirit

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Puroresu Spirit posted:

SMASH News: Following SMASH.18 some things have went down namely in that Lin Bairon may have finally removed herself from Michael Kovac's leash "literally". Following Kovac's loss to Tenryu he took his frustrations out on Bairon, but Kim Nanpun made the save for her. Then today it was announced that Ray (Bairon under the mask) will be... making her SMASH debut on 7/15.
Hajime Ohara is coming off of one of the biggest wins in his career after defeating his old master Ultimo Dragon at SMASH.18. These two will face again in a multi-tag match as Ohara teams with DG star Gamma & "Triple Tails Member" Io Shirai to take on Ultimo, Kaz Hayashi from All Japan and Ray at SMASH.19.
The tournaments also continue to crown the first SMASH Champions as the matches that have been announced so far are Yoshiaki Yago takes on the big and powerful Zeus from Osaka Pro in the title tourny for the SMASH Chapionship, and Serena Deeb faces Tomoka Nakagawa in the running for the Diva's Championship.
Also more legends head for SMASH as Yoshiaki Fujiwara teams with FUNAKI & Kana to take on Genichiro Tenryu, TAJIRI & Shuri.

SMASH.19, 7/15/2011 (Fri) @ Korakuen Hall
() First Round SMASH Championship Tournament Match: Yoshiaki Yago vs. Zeus
() First Round Diva Championship Tournament Match: Serena Deeb vs. Tomoka Nakagawa
() Ultimo Dragon, Kaz Hayashi [AJP] & Ray [Ice Ribbon] vs. Hajime Ohara [FCF], Gamma [DG] & Io Shirai
() Genichiro Tenryu, TAJIRI & Shuri vs. Yoshiaki Fujiwara, FUNAKI & Kana

Also announced to participate: Makoto in a first round Diva Championship Tournament Match and also a wrestler by the name of "Mexican God" VENENO.

I am astounded by SMASH when I see things like Io Shirai in a tag match against Kaz Hayashi & Ultimo Dragon or Shuri and Kana in the same match as Fujiwara and Tenryu.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

dramaticddt.wordpress.com posted:

Kota Ibushi has claimed his (and possibly DDT’s) greatest achievement to date by becoming to first wrestler outside of New Japan to win the Best Of The Super Jr. tournament. Ibushi survived a rocky start to defeat such established names as Mascara Dorada, TAKA Michinoku, Gedo, The Great Sasuke, Jushin Liger and Davey Richards (Hey! Stop laughing down at the back!) so he could reach the final to face the man who defeated him on the very first night of the tour, Ryusuke Taguchi. The situation brought back memories of one year ago when deep into his grand final match against Prince Devitt, a Firebird Splash gone wrong seriously injured Ibushi’s shoulder and killed his chance at winning the tournament. Without any hesitations, Ibushi was able to use the Firebird Splash to win most of his matches in the group stages. But in the final, Ibushi went one better and pinned Taguchi in 20 minutes with the Phoenix Splash.

Ibushi was presented with the trophy by Milano Collection AT and he also received the winner’s cheque of ¥500 million. During his backstage interview, Ibushi said it is his dream to become the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion and he has challenged Prince Devitt to a IWGP Jr. Title match for 18/6 in Osaka. He was then joined by Kenny Omega, Daisuke Sasaki, Michael Nakazawa & Yukinori Matsui for a celebration. Michael brought along beer for a toast but Ibushi drank a can of cola instead. When asked about what he wants to spend his prize winnings on, Ibushi couldn’t think of anything. He was happy enough to win the trophy.

For Kenny Omega it was a case of so close, yet so far. After an explosive run that at Kenny’s peak saw him winning his first five matches, he then dropped falls to his remaining opponents Prince Devitt, Jado and Davey Richards who slipped through to the semi-finals at Kenny’s expense. He managed to grab a win back for his final match of the tour, a Six-Man opening tag match that also included Daisuke Sasaki.

It's fantastic to see Ibushi finally win the Super J Cup. He's been one of the most versatile high fliers, ever and is always entertaining. Some day, people will look at Ibushi the same way they do Lyger, Sasuke, and Hayabusa. He's one of the most talented guys in wrestling today.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

American Clamdigger posted:

Yeah, and some day people will look at KENTA the same way they do Kenta Kobashi or Mitsuharu Misawa.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. KENTA is legit one of the most popular younger guys in Japan right now though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MrMondayNight posted:

That prize money surely cant be right. $6.2 million??
Not exactly that much, it's just kayfabe'd up. He did win a really large sum of money though. I've heard large Japanese promotions pay their guys the same way Pro Sports pay their athletes here.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

weekly font posted:

What's the difference between a Firebird and Phoenix Splash?
The Firebird Splash was just what Hayabusa called his 450 Splash. It's the same move Justin Gabriel uses.

The Phoenix Splash was innovated by Hayabusa, it begins with them facing away from their opponent and they turn in mid-air, then complete a 450 Splash:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fzioq0ZzzA&feature=related

You can tell how big of a fan Kota Ibushi was of guys like Sasuke, Lyger, and Hayabusa. Most of his signature moves are directly taken from them, or inspired by them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

July 23 in Osaka.

Kobashi returns.
Did he chop his arm pain into submission?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wazzu posted:

Didn't he injure his arm last time precisely because he did that? Just chopping over and over without putting any thought in put an enormous strain on his arm.
Yeah, and Nigel McGuinuess injured his bicep the same exact way, but with a bunch of lariats.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

apsouthern posted:

I'm watching a Dragon Gate DVD at the moment (Best of Wrestle JAM volume 1) and there's a three way ladder match between Jack Evans, Genki Horiguchi & Akira Tozawa.

I only know Tozawa from CHIKARA and he looks completely different, to the point I don't recognise him. Can anyone confirm he is the same guy, and the Tozawa name isn't just a gimmick they pass on.
The first Japanese match I'd watched in years durring my wrestling resurgence was Danshoku Dino vs Akira Tozawa in what was dubbed in YouTube as "Extremely Gay Pro Wrestling Match" and it absolutely blew my mind a couple weeks ago that Akira Tozawa was the same one I'd just seen in PWG and CHIKARA.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

666 Wrestling, Ebessan and Kota Ibushi. Good man. I hope the Ebessan DVD includes vs Kana and vs Necro Butcher, those were hilarious.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Buying old FMW stuff. gently caress yeah.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jun 29, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

apsouthern posted:

Despite the terrible name, Dirty Dirty Sheets have some pretty good content. They've just posted an interview with Kikutaro - http://www.dirtydirtysheets.com/2011/07/04/kikutaro-the-dirty-dirty-sheets-interview/
Kikutaro is one of the best comedy wrestlers of all time. Hell, he might be THE best. I also loved his ROH match against Necro Butcher. "You're making me wrestle HIM?

Kana has had the same "Man groping Kana" match three or four times, but I think Kikutaro did it first.

quote:

I'm guessing Kikutaro isn't 47 years old.
He has been awhile for a really long time, but I don't know if he's older than Foley.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

El Duke posted:

He's 34.
He started wrestling at 14?

e: Dumb math. Dumb math, and taking anything Kikutaro says seriously.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 6, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wikipedia might not be the best source when it comes to Japanese wrestling, but he's listed as 34 there, as well as on the Japanese Wikipedia.

Also, Kikutaro has done several matches similar to the one he did with Kana. Any time he's in a match with a female wrestler he does that.
I loved what he did in the New Year's Indy Bash recently. He just carried around a flip camera and recorded the whole thing in-ring, occasionally stomping someone that was down and filming Dino grabbing someone's crotch.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kikutaro is the gropeinest pro wrestler on the planet. Kana again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYhyCb7UgOk&feature=player_detailpage#t=74s

Beware, lovely music.
I think it's more Kana wanting dudes to do that spot, than Kikutaro constantly groping girls.

Nothing beats the Shirai Sisters/Kenny Omega & Michael Nakazawa from last summer though. By the end of the match Mio lost her top, Io lost her pants, Kenny lost everything but his underwear and one sock and Nakazawa was buttass naked.

I guess Nakazawa being buttass naked isn't a surprise to anyone though. He seems to alternate shows with Dino.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

so you're saying if I became a japanese wrestler, Kana would let me grab her boobs?
I bet you would become the heterosexual Danshoku Dino.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dancing Peasant posted:

I was watching one of the NYE battle royale matches, and it had Danshoku Dino raping a man in the corner for 20 minutes

puroresu
I met Dino in person (He wrestling in West Virginia of all places what the gently caress) and all he did was make fun of the way I said hello in Japanese. He didn't try and touch my dick or anything. :smith:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dino is like kevin steen and Giant Tiger. He isnt gay but does stuff to entertain. Thdre are a few gays on the DDT Pro roster but none of them openly gay

If gou thought the New Year's stuff was gay, MEN's Teoih's "Men's Club" is going to blow your mind. Or load, if youre into it for that

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MrMondayNight posted:

Where can I see that match???? I need it....for a...project!
There's clips of the match on YouTube, the full match I had to get directly through Samurai TV, through a contact.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gordy posted:

http://youtu.be/MmcaKL6201w Billzerosion's music video of 'MEN'S Club Night 2 St. Wrestle Valentine's Day 2.14.08'
That's the one where they had a battle royal, but the goal was to strip everyone else completely naked.

Ridiculous.

All the while Men's Teioh and Kota Ibushi stand at the commentator booth blushing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Minitrue posted:

Thank you. I know the big names and Americans, but I haven't ever really followed NJPW before. I'll hunt some of those out.

Any Prince Devitt matches you'd recommend. His is a name I hear frequently.
Any Devitt match is a good one, but I really enjoyed the Apollo 55/Golden Lovers match

e: Wrong one, going to find the right one.

e2: Someone found them.

Ibushi is another guy you should look out for.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 8, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's been about two weeks, anyone heard anything back from the IVP Videos guy or gotten their DVDs yet?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

apsouthern posted:

Well, my IVP discs arrived. Now I just need to try and find a spare few months to watch them

:aaa:

Still waiting on mine, the guy never e-mailed me back. Need to check and see if the check I sent cleared the bank or not.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Something I've been wondering about for some time about the latest SMASH.

Ray's mask was torn off in her match. I wonder if this is going anywhere, since Ray is Lin Byron.

And goddamit, where are the SMASH downloads, I'm missing the last two.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yeah, seriously, where is 18? It usually shows up like 2-3 weeks later.
Tajiri posted the Kana/Lin post-match molestation but YouTube removed it twice within the day so I guess he gave up. It's obvious that the draw to that show was that match, but I would still like to see the rest of the card.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wazzu posted:

Does he seriously not know that there are other video websites, such as Dailymotion?
I don't know, does he? He's Japanese, dude. They've got YouTube and Nico Video. Kana posted a ton of pictures on her blog and Facebook to make up for it though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

My son and I watched the Taka vs. Sasuke match from the Super Juniors show. He took one look at Sasuke and said "Dad, that man is crazy."
He isn't crazy, he's out of his goddamn loving mind.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

LordPants posted:

Davey Richards is a pretty cool heel in Japan. But I can't help thinking that I would really like go to a match in New Japan and just be a jerk and cheer him like a babyface.

*Davey gets heat*

Me (top of my voice): DAAAAY-VEEE RICHARDS *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

I'd get kicked out of the hall, right?
For a lot of really over guys like Kenny Omega, Devitt, or Richards they'll start "Let's Go" chants. Hell, when Sabu was wrestling in SMASH they had an ECW chant.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

That was the second big Dino match that really fell flat after all the hype. The last being against Hard Gay and RG, which should have been much better. Maybe I missed part of the ending, but I didn't see where The round ended and Dino could use his signature moves again

The end of the match confirms that everyone in Japan is gay.

Still haven't watched SMASH yet, but I'm almost there. Chii being on 19 is awesome though! She's one of my favorite Joshi girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ditch posted:

The Sapp vs Dino rules were such that every other round was gay/non-gay.
I don't remember the round changing before Dino started using gay moves again though, I thought it only went to round 3.

e: The round didn't change, Dino started using sexual moves again in round 3 and wasn't DQ'd.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 26, 2011