Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I missed that loving sneer so much aaaaaaaaaaa how the hell do I start watching this promotion right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
And I thought NJPW World was clunky. :stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when he used to tease the Red Arrow then refuse to do it and just locked the guy in his submission instead both as a heel move and to make the Red Arrow, in it's rare appearances, feel really special?

PAC is really great is what I'm trying to say here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Adaptabullshit posted:

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/dragon/1480914/

Kido from Dragon Gate wants Dragon Gate to be able to run the Kyocera Dome in Osaka. Preferably during the coming 5 years.

If Dragon Gate runs the Osaka Dome before NJPW does I swear to God, Harold.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1233666170298957824

Seems more like they're just out of money but being out of money is a great reason to take the money.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The fash....ion police.

That's right, get ready for Wrestle-1 headlined by Breezango.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Honestly, I can't wait to see NXT fans pretend they've been Kobashi and Misawa fans since the 90s.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Wonder which AJPW guy is going to end up a BSS style cop

Oh man, remember that "Naito should go to AJPW" take? Imagine that, but for everybody in NJPW any time they lose a match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So. Lemme get this straight.

NOAH did a 60 minute match where the first 30 minutes was just them staring at each other?

That's the greatest thing I've ever heard.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Who's the global international brand now? When's the last time NJPW made the papers in Ireland, huh? Checkmate, Okada.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There anybody spicy from Wrestle-1 to watch out for to land in NJPW?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I understand this is business-motivated consolidation in the face of The Rona. What does this mean as far as the wrestling product of the two companies goes?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I just learned that Brodie Lee and Shingo had a match in Dragon Gate in 2011. Was it any good?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alright I'm gonna try and take the dive before the year ends. What're Shiozakis best matches of this year and how do I watch em.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
On the bright side, those were some great looking moonsaults.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

Go vs Kaito Kiyomiya, 4/1
Go vs Kazuyuki Fujita, 28/3
Go vs Kenoh, 10/8
Go vs Katsuhiko Nakajima, 22/11, featuring English commentary
Go vs Takashi Sugiura, 6/12

Those are the ones I'd pick, but to narrow it done further I'd say the Kenoh, Nakajima & Sugiura matches are all top 5 of the year for me.

Finally getting around to these, starting with the Kiyomiya match. That ruled. I think I already really, really like Shiozaki. The way he sells, his facial expressions, his offense, it's all just really, really great. The spot where he knew his arm was hosed but he was just like gently caress it and did the machine gun chops anyway, which might be the loudest chops I've ever seen, just put a giant loving grin on my face. Was this the best match on January 4th 2020?! I'm not saying it, but people are.

I assume the Tiger Suplex is Kiyomiya's finisher?

MJeff fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 21, 2020

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Might as well throw in the Saito and Marufuji matches and watch the whole reign. The Saito match is more emotional if you go in with the context that these are the last two living guys from Misawa's match and Saito is working through a lot of guilt from that. The post-match promo made me cry

ANy way to watch these two besides just signing up for Wrestle Universe? And, uh, if I do sign up for Wrestle Universe, how do I proceed to watch them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So how do NOAH fans feel about Go having that reign and then dropping to Mutoh? I dunno nothin' about Mutoh or NOAH so I don't wanna just come at this with my American Wrestling Fan Brain of "Old man beat good champion?! AAARGH! BAD!" if this is actually fine.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, Kaito is the young star and the idea here is to have a legend put him over rather than have Go lose to him yet?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Kaito already got his win back on Go in the N1 but still is 0-1 against Mutoh.

People can say it's desperation all they want but they still managed to draw a better house than the last NJPW Budokan show, even with the handicap of running during a State of Emergency and starting the show when most people were still at work.

Akiyama has mostly benefitted from taking the role Kenny Omega was supposed to have of coming in and beating Takeshita then Endo.

I still believe in Omega's promise to make the entire DDT locker room cry./

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

He's going to do it by big leaguing them and wrestling in NJPW instead though

Bushiroad getting the money for that Omega/Ibushi match instead of him definitely seems like enough to make Takagi cry.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I will watch Kiyomiya beat up an old man.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1371029515766484992

Seems bad!

Anyway, so that was my first real taste of NOAH (besides watching a couple of Go's matches from last year) and if I had to summarize my feelings, they would be when's the next Dragon Gate show?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Lamuella posted:

the only thing I can think is that they want to have Mutoh and Jun as champs at the supershow, which feels like a mistake but a mistake I could see someone making.

This seems like something a company that's desperate to sell tickets would do, but, like. They don't have to be. They have the big money backing now! They don't have to do this!

So weird.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

Someone said there were more people watching on Abema last night than for Go vs. Sugiura.

And to be fair, I was a first time NOAH watcher last night but it was because I thought Kiyomiya was gonna win the belt. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1371346286453067777

Also seems not good!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm doin' it. I'm signin' up. I'm Opening The Gate. Recommend me matches to watch until the show starts.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
When does the show start?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yoooo that finish was sick.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh god, it turned into a New Japan show.

Oh wait, that's just a mute because of copyright.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That was 3, ref held up the count, Ichikawa got screwed.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
DG likes masks, huh?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was kinda in and out during the match but that finishing stretch loving rocked.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So uhhhhh.

Is there a reason Dragon Gate is still charging me after I canceled my sub?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

forkboy84 posted:

Can you still log in to the Network? When did you cancel?

Possibly your best bet is getting in touch with the Dragon Gate English Facebook or Twitter

I cancelled on the 4th and got charged two days ago. I sent an inquiry through their website, see what happens I guess.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So is this a worked girl or a shoot girl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Forkboy I went and watched Okada vs. Kojima G1 23 in anticipation for Forb and now I'm in a big Kojima mood please help me.