Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Probably a promo-off of some sort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

He got to face Ospreay at a Revolution Pro show last month too that's worth tracking down; great to see him finding work since the border troubles.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

You should absolutely jump onto Dragon Gate; it's rad. Things are a bit slow right now, but we're less than a month away from Kobe World, DG's biggest show of the year, so that's as good a place as any to jump on. If you want to watch something recent, Dead or Alive 2017 was about a month ago, and is probably as good a place as any to start, since there's not too much plot going on at that point, and it sets up the main faction feud going into Kobe World. We've got a DG thread here, though it hasn't been used in a little while: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762744

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

MazelTovCocktail posted:

$4.99 for AJPW on Fite tonight in 30 minutes.

That's just the Sumo Hall show from August. If you want to throw some money at AJPW, go for it; it's a decent card with two MOTY contenders in the Strong BJ/KAImura tag, and Miyahara/Ishikawa II.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

You don't have to throw $5 if you don't want to, the show's already on RealHero: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5rK95X3mRiiZEVhVVV0Vl93WFE

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Yoshino has been begging for a match between him and Ultimo Dragon at Kobe World for a few months now. We'll see what happens (I don't think putting 2019 Ultimo Dragon in a singles match is a good idea, like, at all), but I'd say that match is officially happening in some form now.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I remember HUSTLE came up on an episode of Pacific Rim earlier this year, and it was pretty funny to hear how pissed off Fumi was about the whole thing.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Also DDT is getting regularly outdrawn by TJPW outside of Tokyo when they tour together.

Does this mean TJPW is doing very well, or is it just DDT underperforming a bit?

(I hope for the former, since I rather enjoy watching TJPW and like seeing it do well).

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I dunno about Cali, but he was definitely in Atlantic City for Tournament of Survival 4 last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Any of the Dead or Alive shows are a great watch if you're new to DG, but 2014, 2016, and 2019 are probably the best of the bunch to start with (2014 was my introduction to Dragon Gate, and is a total blast). Kobe World from last year was also a great watch, but you'll want to watch DoA 2019 first for the setup to that show if you go that route.