Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Sekimoto and Brookes is also a humorous contrast in human body types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Interesting that the smark holy trinity of NJPW/NOAH/AJPW is maintained in the top 3 of the best promotion list even though DDT or DDT-adjacent events/performers/matches are more common than AJPW or NOAH on the other lists. (and Dragon Gate is at ten even though they are arguably the #2 promotion business-wise)

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

fez_machine posted:

You know it's not Western smarks because Lulu Pencil doesn't appear at all.

And the Japanese smarks all posted as one, "Wrap it up Pencailures!"

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Japanese media in general is also very Tokyo-centric and most wrestling promotions aren't any different but Dragon Gate seems to have always been focused on Western Japan. (The cooler, more badass part)

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

HARASHIMA vs. Masato Tanaka for the dang title today was some of that good pro wres.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I know it will probably be another NJPW & Stardom situation but I would happily watch NOAH again if it got added to my DDT Universe subscription.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

NOAH occasionally on my DDT Univere is very good. Takeshita vs. Kiyomiya at Saitama Super Arena this year seems like a given, too. This is cool.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Takeshita hasn't had his Kenny match yet though

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot this match actually has a realistic chance of happening. Saitama Super Arena would be the place to do it, too.

That's fine, I'll take Endo vs. Kiyomiya and Takeshita vs. Omega as the double main event. Give HARASHIMA an opponent from AJPW or BJPW if we really want this show to be Super.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Vince heard that Dean Ambrose was wrestling some guy named Suzuki that wasn't under contract to NJPW and commanded his cronies to poach him. This is the result.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Venomous posted:

At some point DDT needs to run a show in a venue with an incredibly low ceiling, if only because there's a lot of comedy potential in a show where folks try to wrestle without bonking their heads, especially tall folks

Ceiling Match. Like a Table Match, but you have to put your opponent through the ceiling instead of a table.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

While we are on the subject of Rojo ProWres everyone should watch the elephant park one. It's here.

They are wrestling in some kind of elephant sanctuary amusent park thing because wouldn't it be cool if elephants were nearby during a wrestling match? This is all the justification that is needed.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Does anyone in here remember the really old, bizarre DDT BOYS CLUB events from early 2010's DDT? I've been trying to find them on DDT Universe and online but it's like they never existed. They were basically all girls shows with a lot of homoerotic matches that I want DDT_Eng to do subs for

The BOYZ shows are tucked away on their own page under the "Other Brands" section of Universe. Here you go.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

I just hope DDT can split matches into their own videos because that's what makes watching easy for me

They do this sometimes. The smaller tour shows will almost always be uploaded split into individual matches but the big livestream shows only sometimes get this treatment.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

If the last time you saw Nakajima was when NJPW had him in the G1 a few years ago you probably wouldn't recognize him today.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

Lamuella posted:

finally gave in to the pressure for more good Japanese wrestling and subscribed to Wrestle Universe. Other than just "start watching", where's good to start?

Currently watching the D King Grand Prix show that dropped today but I'm aware this is most of the way through a tournament featuring mostly guys I don't know plus Chris Brookes (on whatever night he's on). Is there a better approach, or should I just immerse?

Depends on how far back you want to go, but DDT just recently had Ultimate Party which is now their big show of the year so you could watch that, then the two DDT TV Show episodes following it (#11 and #12), and then start on the D-oh Grand Prix shows to be more or less caught up.

To get a little more set-up for Ultimate Party, and an introduction to the whole roster, you could start with the King of DDT tournament which ran over four shows in August.

In general, the DDT TV Show episodes highlight the storylines leading up to the main shows this year so if you don't want to watch everything those are a good option to follow along with.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

The red logo never felt right so I'm glad they went back to green. I don't want the green canvas back though, I always thought it was an eye sore. Sorry to those whom I may have offended.

Edit: I googled it and I guess the old logo wasn't green itself but I always think of it being on a green backdrop. (Probably the aforementioned eyesore ring canvas.)

just rust fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 12, 2021

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

DDT is the only good Sports Entertainment show.

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I don't know anything about brains but I remember severe dehydration being cited as a contributing factor to the brain scrambling caused by the headbutts in Shibata vs. Okada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

surf rock posted:

Not knowing what the 30,000 yen ticket to the PPP show is will haunt me for the rest of my days.

I did some googling since the name of this expensive ticket piqued my interest; the Harenchi Seat or in English, "the shameless seat."

This promotion appears to have some type of connection to the adult entertainment industry and has created a few options for customers that are inspired by host/hostess clubs.

I found this official tweet about the Harenchi Seat and the machine translation and accompanying photos explain it well enough:
https://twitter.com/PPP__TOKYO/status/1424642563487670281?s=20

Basically, you get to sit with some bikini models and drink champagne with them during the show. Similar to the hostess club experience of buying a bunch of drinks to enjoy the company of a hostess. Probably not something you really want to opt for unless you can speak Japanese well or are up for the challenge of navigating a remarkably awkward and potentially expensive night at the wrestling.