Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roshi
Sep 25, 2002

Somebody from CC wasted $10 on a guy who does not give a shit what they think, so I'm re-purposing it because I'm too lazy to come up with another one.
Wasn't there a japan all-womens fed, AJW, is it still alive or dead? I don't see it mentioned in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roshi
Sep 25, 2002

Somebody from CC wasted $10 on a guy who does not give a shit what they think, so I'm re-purposing it because I'm too lazy to come up with another one.

Ditch posted:

There were multiple joshi feds. Sadly it went down the crapper. After the mass of new talent in the late '80s/early '90s there was VERY little in the way of good young stars, and older stars generally got lazy and/or brain-dead. Add in the high level of cross-promotion in the early '90s and there was no way to spark interest, so attendance went down. Fewer great matches added to the spiral. AJW is gone now. Joshi is practically irrelevant in 2006.
:sigh: I guess I'll have to seek out Shimmer dvds if I want to watch good women's wrestling.