Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What the..... normally when you watch something in a foreign language, after a couple of minutes you pick up what is going on but that was.... what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay I didn't think it could get any more bizarre, until I learnt he was singing about being the girl with the small bottom and begging people to look at his bosom.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well yes.

I assume the other guy wasn't so much injured as killed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That sounds like an incredible show, is there any chance of it actually being released on DVD? Or was it just a show that the lucky crowd will get to cherish?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Excellent, I was just thinking that I hope they have English commentary, until it occurred to me that getting the majority of the crowd reaction/wrestlers talking in English with the Japanese commentators going batshit at the action in the ring is the best of both worlds. I'll keep an eye out for the show.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This might be the wrong thread to ask, but how come WWE doesn't make more use of Japanese talent? They seem to put a lot of stock in wrestlers who have experience in Japan, but not Japanese stars themselves.

And that picture of Morishima and Vince shaking hands is going into the same folder as Vince shaking Bret's hand from a couple of years back. Surreal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I guess that makes sense, even a monster like Morishima is only roughly average height for WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HulkaMatt posted:

oh geez.

Morishima's gonna skin the cat!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope this means the giant screaming baby is coming to WWE.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ditch posted:

No, WWE was offended by the fact that he showed up for his trial with too much flab.

I was hoping that this would just turn out to be incorrect or they'd get over it. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing him back in ROH, though I imagine he's in a fairly good place in Japan at the moment. How is he actually thought of? Do the Japanese like him/fear him?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That was a really interesting read, I was quite interested to hear about how the focus is more on ticket buyers and magazines than television.

I don't know who Hashimoto is, but he sounds hilarious. Who the hell "stealthily takes pictures of feeding pigeons" ?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What does it mean when they just start screaming for like five minutes straight? Because that's seriously the best part of all Japanese commentary, they get so excited.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That poor ref knows he's going to have to clean up after this.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just watched KENTA & Go Shiozaki vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Kensuke Sasaki from the 22nd. It was really loving good, Sasaki is a loving tree and he just plants himself in the middle of that ring. Nakajima is a crazy motherfucker and watching him take Go's chops is horrifying.

I believe this is the first match I have ever seen where a lariat was countered by lariating the other guy's arm!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ditch posted:

http://theditch.com/TakayamaVsMorishima2010.5.2--JIP.avi

Someone please .gif the guillotine legdrop from hell.

You command, I obey!

And I love the center dude's reaction:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm hopeful that Kobashi is in a position (especially in light of Misawa's death) that he's only coming back because he KNOWS he's fully fit and rehabbed. That would make me happy :)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MrMondayNight posted:

From the spoilers, what exactly is a Gotch-style piledriver?

My very first thought was that it must be in reference to Frank Gotch but I don't think he was particularly known for piledrivers.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No more Sasaki? Goodnight, sweet tree :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

hayabusa died :(

Just read it, only last year he was up and walking (with effort and aid) wasn't he? Poor guy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Speaking of crossover between promotions, I'm shamelessly plugging the Rowdy Ringsports' Top Ten favorite active wrestlers thread for any of you who may be unaware of it. It's a chance to get your favorites from the likes of All Japan, NOAH, DDT, Big Japan, Dragon Gate etc represented on an overall "favorites" list for the forum, and submissions close at midnight EST on September 30th.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Turned on the Noah show in time for Cypress Hill :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is it an intermission now? Everybody started leaving and now it's just a graphic... I didn't miss the whole show did I? :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love a well-timed no-sell :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Who was the dude in green, he was impressive as hell.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well Kiyomiya owns!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

When love came to town, motherfucking BB King :stwoon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Please stop hitting that man's neck :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The dude selling his knee throughout the match to the point he couldn't hold bridges on pins etc was cool... but a little undercut by the fact he won the match by holding the bridge on a pin, even if he did immediately go to clutching at his knee in pain immediately afterwards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know forkboy posted all the times up above but I'm still a little confused by the time/date differences: is there a NOAH show tonight?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

The main event is on right now.

God loving dammit. Thanks!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress him up, Kenoh!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I like the ref kinda pointing through all this like,"Okay sure you're kicking him relentlessly in the corner without a break.... but you better be careful not to break any rules!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Okay so I'm gonna let you kick the utter poo poo out of me in the corner for like 5 minutes."
"Awesome, thanks."
"In exchange, I get to just slap the utter gently caress out of you in the middle of the ring for the same amount of time."
"I think it is the best plan I have ever heard in my life."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Wait.... what?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So uhhh... is NOAH the promotion for old dudes to be champion in?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Middle of the match was fun but the callback at the start felt misplaced and the ending was a complete :psyduck: moment. Maybe I'd feel different if I had more knowledge/backstory but this seemed like a really weird decision for the promotion to make.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thauros posted:

kojima needs to have a run similar to nagata in 2014

:hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well on the plus side it only took 2.5 hours for me to no longer think Kenoh/Fujita was the weirdest thing to happen in puro today.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Jun Akiyama's daughter who loves frogs is selling Jun Akiyama frog merchandise

https://twitter.com/froggoods1227/status/1375829697041362945?s=19

This is so loving wholesome :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Ah, Wrestle Universe, dropping five shows essentially simultaneously - one of which is live - on a work day. Such endless respect for my time.

When is the live show? I don't see one for today in forkboy's breakdown.