Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
I got a Dragon Gate Pro Wrestling shirt in XL at ROH this weekend, and it fit fine. Though I don't know if it was a US or Japanese XL. I guess the point of this is "Start a Dragon Gate/Toryumon archive, Ditch!" :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
Aaaaand the Lesnar experiment is over. From Stuart;

quote:

The worst possible scenario has happened, and Simon Inoki is hanging his head in shame today. Due to "problems with a working visa" (well, there's a new one), Brock Lesnar cannot attend Monday's Tsukisamu Green Dome show and New Japan has stripped him of the IWGP Heavyweight Title. For many, this was expected when he first won the belt, but when he kept returning and returning, doubts started to fade. Whether there is any truth to the "working visa" reason I don't know, but the fact is again an overpriced and undertalented primadonna has turned out to be nothing but a problem for New Japan. Simon Inoki posted a formal apology on the official site and gave refundment details (they don't usually do this, but they realize the severity of this incident), but there will be a tournament on Monday to determine a new champion right before the G1. On a personal note, and I try to stay positive (I will always support New Japan, but not everyone will), Simon Inoki should take all the blame for this and instantly be removed as New Japan president (or better yet, resign his post and take responsibility). Lesnar has been Simon's project when opposition in the company has called for him to get the belt off Brock for months now. There was a high chance that could have happened at the Green Dome, but we'll never know. After regaining so much trust this year, New Japan has again taken a step back and again has to restart from scratch in building fan trust. There may come a time, and it could be this one, that it is too late to do that. There is also the question of how this will effect wrestlers. The tournament on Monday has to be done as well as possible in this situation, and the G1 has to be done even better. The 9/1 Budokan show, an Inoki(s) brainstorm, should be axed immediately by Yuke's, and Naoki Sugehayashi or someone equally suitable has to replace Simon as president.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

Boco_T posted:

Marufuji vs. Shiosaki is the match I want to see most on that card. I guess I could probably stand to see Takaiwa win the belt too, I've always liked him.

"Ebesan Hansen" makes me hope he was doing a Western Lariat gimmick.

I actually have the match where Ebestan Hansen was born, and he plays it to the hilt, just like his Flair impersonation.

Had he been in the states for Final Battle, I would have enjoyed Nigel facing Joe's replacement; Samoa Joebessan.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
Is your Misawa-Kawada feud history in some of the Puro Pulses? I'm interested in reading about their full history, so that I understand some of the matches more.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
I'd download a mid-card six-man with Bison, AmDrag, and Ted Jr. in it. No idea if Ted Jr. is any good, but if he can just laugh like his old man I'm fine with it.

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

Ditch posted:

Bison squares off with Kobashi, they go to a standoff. Bison tags in Ted Jr, Kobashi tags in Kikuchi. Ted Jr points, laughs, and tags out.

MOTYC

...You're my favorite poster, Ditch. :shobon:

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

Chiming in to say this match is amazing, especially when Minody and Takan get their getups ripped off and become Minoru and Takayama...then remember the gimmick and put their costumes back on to finish the match!

Also, I'd kill to see Kiku vs. MATT CLASSIC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

I just realized we're getting Liger vs. Sasuke in 2011.

AND TAKA vs. Sasuke in 2011. ...Have Kanemoto and Davey ever faced each other in NJ?