Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I pray to the lord that somehow Brock vs Fedor will happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

How well does MMA pay in Japan? I know in the USA everyone but the main event guys basically make pennies, and while I know Lesnar would be in the main event, would he really make more money in MMA than he would in pro wrestling? Also, why would he want to compete in a sport where anyone who's remotely competitive would probably absolutely destroy him?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

On WOL Meltzer mentioned that they originally were going to hold off on Marufuji vs KENTA for the GHC Heavyweight Title for as long as possible. What happened/what do you think happened to change that so quickly?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

If ROH did go to Japan would they be able to book guys from other promotions? I mean, I imagine Joe vs Kobashi II would be a sticking point to them going in the first place (because the DVD sales might acctually be able to make them some money) but would they be able to fill the rest of their cards with other japanese workers?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ditch posted:

You can get dozens upon dozens of Japanese wrestlers on a moments' notice. The question is can they get the ones who would make Japanese fans buy tickets AND ROH fans buy DVDs. That's trickier, but I imagine it wouldn't be hard to obtain some NOAH and/or DG talent for a show in Japan.

Theoretically, could ROH do some kind of ROH vs NOAH and then ROH vs DG doubleshot in Japan then? Say, fly 8 guys over maybe Dragon, Joe, Aries, Strong, Nigel, Homicide and The Briscoes. Maybe book it when Corino is already in Japan.

The cards could be absolutely stacked, though I guess it would still cost a poo poo ton of money, and they might be even putting too many dream matches on each DVD.

edit: also, unrelated, do you know if Shingo's run in ROH and Jack Evans' return will cross over? I'm kinda hoping to see them team together.

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Oct 27, 2006

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Alot of ROH fans seem to think KENTA has a chance at beating Morishima in NOAH. There's no way this happens right?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Ditch posted:

Like... 5% chance based on the potential for KENTA to make a hasty return to ROH. As a 'shoot' by NOAH on ROH, 0.0001%.

Well, what I really meant was, with Morishima basically being the future of NOAH at heavyweight, and KENTA being a junior, there chances of Morishima losing to KENTA in Japan (or at all really) are pretty miniscule correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

If they were going to show it in North America (on the Fight Network or something) why not make sure the announcers have never seen it before? Film it in Japan, send it to the US, make them announce as they watch, fix any glaring errors, and then put it on TV. It could do alright I imagine.