Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I suppose here's the right place to show off. :v:

Just came back from Tokyo, had the chance to catch BJW in action (7.14) - it was so not what I was expecting from seeing various Deathmatch Wars episodes - it was waaaay better, great wrestling top to bottom (ok, maybe I'm overreacting, but hey - it was my first live event, since I get nothing in Poland), and the ultraviolent main event had some great bumps and a lot of psychology. Overall I've marked like a little bitch.

No arena photos (it was in Koruaken Hall, btw) 'cause I've got a piece of poo poo camera, but at least the wrestler photos look good enough to share.

Abdullah Kobayashi:

MEN'S Teioh & Shinobu:

Ryuji Ito:

Jaki Numazawa:

Takashi Sasaki:

Guest starring is a Signed By Ito, Bloodied By Numazawa (Or Sasaki) BJW Towel. :krad2:

I deeply appologize for the cliched nWo t-shirt, but since it was the only wrestling gear I had at the moment... I just had to wear something wrestling related. :v:

Edit: Deathmatch Wars #84 / #85 were taped at that event. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

coconono posted:

Was the female ref there? I think she's ultra-cute.

Hahah, yeah - the female ref was there, as for the ultra-cute factor - there is a girl helping them (usually wearing a green "This Space BJW Proud" shirt) with curly, afro-like hair, she's got my vote. :D

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Ditch posted:

How'd you get all those pics with the wrestlers?

Abby was just chilling after his match, watching the show, and the rest of the pics were done in the lobby, after the show has ended - most of the guys were pushing merchandise, doing pics and signing autographs... And poor Kasai probably needed a blood transfusion, so he was nowhere to be found.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Great stuff, Ditch. I'm kinda glad that I didn't go to a HUSTLE event, but on the other hand, the BJW show would probably be even more amazing in comparison.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

You're probably right, but the 200+ lighttubes match I witnessed was just a cherry on top of a quite impressive wrestling show, which was not all hardcore stuff - chairs were thrown from time to time, but that's about it - I don't know, something there just clicks for me... HUSTLE on the other hand just scares me sometimes - it's like a bizarro-world WWE, which is probably more than I can handle. :v:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Ditch posted:

[russo]They bring in Gail Kim and have her dating KENTA on-air. Then say that Kobashi is KENTA's father. Then it turns out Kobashi is Gail's father and KENTA has been sleeping with his sister. TNA! TNA![/russo]

Only if Choi Min-sik makes a cameo appearance.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Horse Pro posted:

Plus, Jun Kasai is so out of his goddamn mind he's always a pleasure to watch.

Also, Nikkan Lee is the best ref ever. :colbert:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Ditch posted:

February 28th

I need to remember the date, so when a loving earthquake hits Poland, I'll know that it's Kawada kicking the hell out of Morishima. Butterfly effect and all that.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

10 PM Pacific sounds like a good time to watch a show... Also gives me a good excuse to check out DDT's service.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

No, we haven't kicked off the main show yet. Two pre-show matches happened so far.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Hell yes, thank you Ditch. Your sites were a godsend when I was expanding my puro knowledge.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/PumaKingOficial/status/1178502532580159489

Is this possibly the best championship title in pro-wrestling?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1231416790636318720

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

It's not cancelled. It's happening with no spectators. It's live on DDT Universe

The first match just kicked off, btw.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

...why do they have the guardrails up?

or the intermission?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Lamuella posted:

what percentage of DDT / NOAH / TJPW shows are broadcast in English? Trying to decide whether to bung down 900 yen a month

IceAgeComing posted:

they don't have English commentary on anything; they experimented a few years ago with Haku doing stuff but they came to the conclusion that the live English twitter translations were more useful than delayed English commentary on only some shows - especially since Haku... wasn't the best at the commentary stuff and especially for DDT you need someone that knows the promotion well in that spot.

NOAH doesn't need English commentary though; it never really has complicated angles that are promo reliant: its pretty self-evident what the direction is without it. DDT needs the extra context at times but I find that the English twitter is more helpful than a lot of English commentary would be.

Just want to echo IAC's comments - there are two Twitter accounts that do god's work when it comes to live-translating events and keeping the non-japanese speaking crowd up to date:
https://twitter.com/Hi5ame for NOAH and https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng for DDT / TJPW.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

My apologies for double posting, but if anyone's jonesing for some late-nite graps - you're in luck 'cause this just started:

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1246333735227625474

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1265995875966308352?s=19

Wrestle Universe is starting to upload NOAH's back catalogue starting with its debut shows and the first Great Voyage.

Oh poo poo that's absolutely fantastic! Here are the cards for those events:

quote:

NOAH Departure 08/05/2000:

Takeshi Morishima vs. Makoto Hashi
Haruka Eigen, Jun Izumida & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs. Mitsuo Momota, Rusher Kimura & Takeshi Rikio
Masao Inoue & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Kentaro Shiga & Naomichi Marufuji
Daisuke Ikeda, Masahito Kakihara & Yoshinari Ogawa vs. NO FEAR (Satoru Asako, Takao Omori & Yoshihiro Takayama)
Akira Taue & Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Jun Akiyama & Kenta Kobashi (Best 2 out of 3 falls)

NOAH Departure 08/06/2000:

Kenta Kobayashi vs. Satoru Asako
Haruka Eigen, Tsuyoshi Kikuchi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. Makoto Hashi, Mitsuo Momota & Rusher Kimura
Masao Inoue & Takeshi Morishima vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Takeshi Rikio
Akira Taue & Jun Izumida vs. NO FEAR (Takao Omori & Yoshihiro Takayama)
Daisuke Ikeda & Kentaro Shiga vs. Mitsuharu Misawa & Yoshinari Ogawa
Kenta Kobashi vs. Jun Akiyama

NOAH Great Voyage 12/23/2000:

Kenta Kobayashi & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi vs. Kishin Kawabata & Scorpio
Haruka Eigen, Jun Izumida & Satoru Asako vs. Makoto Hashi, Mitsuo Momota & Rusher Kimura
Masao Inoue, Takashi Sugiura & Takeshi Rikio vs. Kentaro Shiga, Takeshi Morishima & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
Naomichi Marufuji & Tamon Honda (c) vs. Kodo Fuyuki & Tetsuhiro Kuroda
Daisuke Ikeda & Yoshinari Ogawa vs. Akitoshi Saito & Masashi Aoyagi
Akira Taue vs. Yoshihiro Takayama
Takao Omori vs. Shinya Hashimoto
Vader vs. Mitsuharu Misawa
Kenta Kobashi vs. Jun Akiyama

I haven't watched these shows in quite a while, this is really cool.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/indiewrestling/status/1270417731553243136

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I'd love to see the old Deathmatch Wars episodes again.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

So there's a three-way "what to watch" that's gonna happen at 9 pacific - there's both a Diana and a Sendai Girls event being broadcast on YouTube, and now this:

https://twitter.com/nicopro_english/status/1312588642125148166

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

forkboy84 posted:

It's the last show before Yokohama Budokan on Sunday.

Which, by the way:

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1328933568043773953

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

To think there was a time when I disliked Ogawa.

SG Bamboo posted:

Do we know who Suzuki's partner is yet? profightdb only lists the two matches he did last month

https://twitter.com/EasternLariat/status/1330939142235181057

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I'm here for more of this.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Very hyped for this. The interactions they had at the last show were dope.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Saku got robbed.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

And the camera angle kinda made it look like Saku's shoulder was off the mat.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Thauros posted:

i'm not sure how he finds these

Once the event ends, the link to the live stream just changes into a VOD.

I'm glad I stayed awake for this, the main was fantastic.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

How do you do, fellow kids NOAH (and general puro) enthusiasts - this is for all of you that don't venture into the Wrestlehut Discord.

I am currently in the process of getting some stuff organized for a (most probably bi-weekly Sunday) NOAH watch-along - starting from their inception and making our collective way through their extensive back catalogue. The tentative start date is January 17th, and the place to be is our own PSP-TV.

Thank you for your attention.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

forkboy84 posted:

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

DDT New Year's Gift Special!

11:30am JST/1:30pm AEDT/2:30am GMT/9:30pm EST/6:30pm PST

Tokyo Joshi Pro '21

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Pro Wrestling NOAH New Sunrise 2021

Good thing I don't have anything planned on Monday, cause this is gonna ruin my sleep schedule competely.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

J-Ro posted:

How do you do, fellow kids NOAH (and general puro) enthusiasts - this is for all of you that don't venture into the Wrestlehut Discord.

I am currently in the process of getting some stuff organized for a (most probably bi-weekly Sunday) NOAH watch-along - starting from their inception and making our collective way through their extensive back catalogue. The tentative start date is January 17th, and the place to be is our own PSP-TV.

Thank you for your attention.

Just to follow-up on this - we are kicking off this Sunday at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET at Puro For Pyros - with a 4 hour block consisting of both Departure events from NOAH's debut weekend. The playlist will be up for a week so if you can't make it or stay for the whole thing, you'll be able to catch it later.

Next week we'll move on to the Exceeding Our Dreams tour.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

We're live with some knowledge first. Departure 1st in 10 minutes.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

forkboy84 posted:

Wanna thank you for that, was a super chill way to spend a Sunday evening, getting to enjoy Kakihara trying to murder Takao Omori so hard he never got booked by the promotion again. Ruled.

Back with more NOAH in 15 minutes on http://psp-tv.com/r/PuroForPyros.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1355699695302156288

Also Kuniko Yamada being back on commentary is really good.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

looks like something a late 80s / early 90s action cartoon left on the hood of your car, I love it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I finally got it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

forkboy84 posted:

Most people came to accept Mutoh was likely winning back when the match was announced in December. So it's not a surprise and I long since convinced myself it was fine.

Is it how I'd have ended NOAH's return to the Budokan after 8 years? No. But as long as Mutoh drops the title to Kaito it's fine and Go never lost to Kaito so easy title challenge there.

If Mutoh beats your ace and then quickly beats your next ace, despite walking like an 85 year old granny, that's when I start throwing things at NOSAWA

Yeah, pretty much this.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Masakatsu Funaki x Miyu Yamashita please and thank you.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

CyberFight: "Dads with belts only".

Edit: get Bull Nakano out of retirement to challenge for the POP title you goddamn cowards.

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Mar 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

forkboy84 posted:

I will not stand for this slander of my beefy boy