Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.
When I found Pip, she would bite/hiss/swat every time. It's been eleven years... she's warmed up a lot, but still does it from time to time. Won't tolerate being held for more than a few minutes, will only let you pet her head & back, and flees at any sudden movement. Wierdly, she'll return and do figure-eights around your feet immediately afterward.

Oh, and she has her very own Disney-movie story: My Dad had never liked her, due to her skittishness and timidity. About six years ago, he coaxed her into the crate and drove off to the pound. Fortunately, they had closed by the time he arrived, so he just dropped her off in the parking lot. The shelter was only a few miles from home... Two weeks later, who should show up, but a very thin, very pissed off Pip.

Dad's still apologizing for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

What's worse is that he did the same thing with a neighbor's cat who would always eat our cats' food (which I didn't mind, as his owners would go away for days at at time and just leave him outside)... only this time, the cat found his way home after two days. I'm guessing he'd been abandoned before.

Yeah, Dad was kind of an rear end in a top hat when it came to pets. :argh:

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Oh, that threat was made by most of the family afterwards. We were only joking, of course OR WERE WE HMMM??? :ssh:

And both my paternal & maternal Grandmothers went through dementia before they died, so it's in the family. Happy 80th, Dad!

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Freedom Foundry posted:

But he won't stop biting :(
My Sister's stray would do that all the time. Never in anger (no folded ears or hissing) and never hard enough to break the skin; But soon as your hand went near him, out came the teeth. He grew out of it after about a year.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

Ripoff posted:

...she's the exact opposite. Guess they have different personalities.
They sure do - Chester was found as a stray not long afterwards; but ten years later is the mellowest, friendliest cat I've ever seen.