Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Holy poo poo, that was so awesome; I haven't been this emotionally involved with a series since Pleasantville went to color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamberk
Jan 11, 2004

when there is nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire
Well, what's on now?

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Chamberk posted:

Well, what's on now?
Rugrats is looking pretty promising.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Where's the TV Guide?

nfreakct
Jul 14, 2003

I bet you wouldn’t be so bossy if you kissed a girl.
Oh god, the events of this past week or so are amazing. They should really make it into a movie or something, especially if they could get some insiders into the what was going on in the control room in the moon while Truman was going nuts.

So, who would you guys think could play a good Truman (obviously he can't play himself). What about Jim Carrey? I bet he could pull it off.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

nfreakct posted:

Oh god, the events of this past week or so are amazing. They should really make it into a movie or something, especially if they could get some insiders into the what was going on in the control room in the moon while Truman was going nuts.

So, who would you guys think could play a good Truman (obviously he can't play himself). What about Jim Carrey? I bet he could pull it off.
Jim Carrey? Gimme a loving break, that fucker couldn't pull a straight face if his life depended on it, let alone convey an emotion that isn't "Oh my God, I have asparagus in my nose, I am so wacky!!!"

I'm thinking Johnny Depp.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Oh man, this has been an emotional last few days. The ending of the Truman Show (god I can't believe I am saying that) is truly the apex of gutwrenching emotional television, and I don't think anything will ever surpass this. Television will never get better than the Truman Show.

I wonder what the hell Christoff is going to do though. Maybe open up Seahaven to tourism? I would LOVE to visit the set now that the cat's out of the bag.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Wow... I never thought he could do it... This past week has made up for the past 10 years, god how amazing.

Also can a mod change the title to avoid the :lol: irony? Has anyone heard from Truman? I saw him on the channel twelve news getting into a car with some woman I couldn't see, but after that no one has heard from him. God I can't wait until he starts talking about his experience / sues Cristof.

Hawkman
Aug 6, 2002

daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn
I hear Truman's already been approached to be on Good Morning America tomorrow. God knows if he's ready for something like that though, assuming that this whole thing wasn't scripted out ahead of time the culture shock must be intense.

Tom Tucker posted:

This past week has made up for the past 10 years, god how amazing.
Agreed, this whole thing alone has atoned for the past ten years of taxes, rebate forms and watching Truman pluck nose hairs in the bathroom mirror.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Yeah, how the hell is a legal contract that effectively makes you a prisoner and a slave enforceable? I bet Truman sues the pants off the production company and becomes a trillionaire celebrity :v:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
admins goldmine plz

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
gently caress, on the ONE NIGHT I had to work a double shift, and all this goes down.

Someone torrent the final hour, plz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
What else is on?