Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Holy crap, major spoilers ahead:

It looks like Meryl is going to leave Truman after the strain of their marriage takes their toll on her sanity, and he's going to start dating that hot little number at his office.

Say what you want about Christof, but that man takes RISKS that few other producers even dare in television. I think this totally makes up for the bullshit product spots we've been inundated with lately.

On a side note, I just got my season 21 DVDs, and am eagerly firing up 21x09, the episode where Truman drunkenly loses his virginity :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

nfreakct posted:

The show is definitely getting weird. I know Truman accidently got the cast's broadcast radio (confirmed with recordings of the incident from the car cam), but he seriously freaked out. He was walking around the streets and roads just getting in front of cars and stopping them.

Something's seriously wrong, this screw-up coupled with the light fixture falling from the sky last week and the "dad" incident has made the show look really amateurish. Is Christof slipping at his age? He's drat near 60 now and it's tough to imagine him doing this much longer. Hopefully this is just a temporary lapse and they'll get their stuff together.

Oh my loving god, will you fanboys ever shut up about this poo poo? The Truman dome was completed what, 20 years ago? Of course you're going to have technical malfunctions, not even loving NASA was able to create a self-sufficient biosphere, Christoff really put together a great team of engineers that did what a government agency wasn't able to do. Electronics poo poo malfunctions, get over it, it happens in the real world too. Let's see YOU build a gigantic biodome :rolleyes:

And they came up with a perfectly plausible explanation for the light fixture thing, so it's not like Christoff and the other producers are slipping or anything. It's live television for gently caress's sake, but at least they never have incidents like the time half the cast and crew on EdTV were killed by that sarin gas attack.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

WTF is going on!? He's flipping out. Where the gently caress is he going to drive to!?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Man I wonder if the actress will just quit after this little episode :D

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Whoa, screenshot please!!!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

What the hell, everyone turn your television on RIGHT NOW!!!!!

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

They shut down the loving feed!!?!?!? What the hell just happened!?!?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

rubber cat posted:

Some idiot perverted producer decided to put a miniature camera on Truman's girlfriend's bra strap and... well, you know the rest.

Well, the story goes (and this is from memory because I saw the rerun only once and don't own the box set) that his girlfriend, after a date (I think this is 15x20 "Winter Formal") goes "home." Now of course in the show she is going to her relatives for the holidays, but in reality the actress landed a role on that lovely movie "Kids" (yes the one with the drugged rape). Anyways, she goes backstage and starts hanging out with the crew...and starts to really go at it with one of the gaffers. WHO IS THIRTY FIVE. Now of course, the actress was 25 or 26 at the time, but she plays a 16 year old on the show.

Obviously this wouldn't have been a problem if a camera wasn't planted on her...but one was, and the line producer at the time started watching the on camera loving. Now there's always been a bit of controversy about what happened and why, but most people who actually worked on the show at the time will agree that the line producer somehow plugged her bra-camera feed into the live show and a technical malfunction prevented any other feeds from coming through, and as a result caused a huge loving shitstorm.

If I remember right, that producer was fired and would go on to produce Fox's "The Simple Life." The actress was released from the show soon after, and I think they had to find a really quick replacement which led to Sylvia's introduction...the rest is history.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

edit: The sun is up!? :wtc:

Oh my god I have been staring at that goddamn technical difficulties graphic for hours and it's driving me nuts. They need to loving get the feed back on the air and soon. I'm not going to sleep until this thing plays itself out. I have NEVER seen the

Christoff :argh:

1st AD fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jun 23, 2006

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Oh my god, :siren: :siren: :siren: LIVE FEED IS BACK UP :siren: :siren: :siren:

Motherfucking Truman on a motherfucking boat!!!! :psyduck:

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

How the hell is he going to get out? He's gonna hit the edge of the dome sometime.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Holy crap, that's a loving hurricane being thrown at Truman.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Looks like the storm is finally letting up, but Truman looks terrible. In my 18 years of watching this show, I've never seen him look so beat down and hosed. I am in tears :(

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Oh man, this has been an emotional last few days. The ending of the Truman Show (god I can't believe I am saying that) is truly the apex of gutwrenching emotional television, and I don't think anything will ever surpass this. Television will never get better than the Truman Show.

I wonder what the hell Christoff is going to do though. Maybe open up Seahaven to tourism? I would LOVE to visit the set now that the cat's out of the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Yeah, how the hell is a legal contract that effectively makes you a prisoner and a slave enforceable? I bet Truman sues the pants off the production company and becomes a trillionaire celebrity :v: