Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bosko
Dec 13, 2006
I just recently got a second monitor, and now I want to dual screen it up. Thing is, for my monitors to plug into my video card I need this little adapter. I only have one of these, and I have no idea where I can obtain a second one, mainly because I do not know what it is called

My video card is this: http://ati.amd.com/products/radeonx800/index.html .. I looked through the page but can't see any info on what kind of "connectors" it has

My monitors just have the standard parallel port connector you see on about every LCD monitor out there right now

Edit: I'm a dumbass and figured it out, looks like I need a DVI to VGA Adapter like so: http://www.svideo.com/dvi.html

bosko fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
I have a speaker/subwoofer set that comes with 5 mini speakers and a subwoofer. It has 5.1ch input and is designed to connect to a DVD Player (It has about .. 5 connectors that go into the DVD player)

I'm looking for a way to plug this bad boy into my PC to get surround sound on it but my PC has only the simple audio input. Is there some kind of adapter out there that could allow for this to work on my PC?

bosko
Dec 13, 2006

Super Killbot posted:

Sounds like you need a soundcard that outputs 5.1. You can get them fairly cheap (depending on features). The most popular are the Creative Soundblaster series. Here's an example: http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=205&product=14103

You'll want to shop around though...you might consider getting a used card as well

Problem with that just by looking at the jacks is that the ones from the speaker system won't fit into those slots. Do I need some kind of converter?

bosko
Dec 13, 2006
This isn't part of my desktop computer, but it is part of my TV. Yesterday, the TV made a quick popping sound (while on). I was in the kitchen, so I couldn't see the reaction. Smelt some burning.

I was able to get the TV opened up today and the only odd thing I could notice was this area around the capacitor. There are burn marks on the board on both sides around it, there's also a resister (not pictured) to the right of the capacitor, beside a burn mark. Is this a bad capacitor? Resistor? I've read a few options I can proceed with, but curious for other opinions.

Sorry for the terrible pic, I couldn't get much better :(

• Locked thread