Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boody
Aug 15, 2001
Any recommendations for video-senders that don't have a problem with wi-fi or cordless phones? Preferably one which can have an additional receiver added. I'm in the UK but be interested in US/NTSC ones (just to see ws what to look for).

I tried a few cheap ones but noticed I get terrible static bands when using wi-fi. None of the shops near here sell anything except cheap ones and the few internet sites I've visited only have 2.4Ghz ones listed and have a disclaimer that wi-fi may cause problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

Internet Savant posted:

Basically, make sure the volts match and at least match the amps and you wont have any issues.

Unless the polarity is different surely? Most devices with cylinder type connectors will have something that shows whether the outer or inner connector is positive. Usually a broken line with an o to represent the inner connector and a inverted C to show outer. A + mark will show which one is positive, something like this.

code:
...+ 
----C o-----

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

invid posted:

Hey guys, I got a question.

If I were to get a system with 6GB of RAM, I need to run on a 64bit OS right?

If lets say I want to install OpenVZ as my virtualization container, can I run 32-bit VMs on a 64-bit hardware node?

I've no experience with OpenVZ but if you enable PAE (Physical Address Extension) and are using a linux 2.6 kernel you can access up to 64 gigs whilst sticking with 32 bits.

Boody
Aug 15, 2001

Jago posted:

I have an ESATA/USB external case and keep in mind that not only do you need esata on your computer, but the drive itself will need to be esata to use the esata feature as well. Why would you buy for an interface you don't have?

Surely the drive only needs to be sata to match the bridgeboard in the external enclosure (assuming it's not IDE to USB/firewire/e-sata).

As for the computer, a sata to e-sate bracket should only cost a few dollars and will turn an internal sata connector into a external e-sata connector and take up a pci slot (unless manually mounted elsewhere). Most will continue to rely on the drive enclosures power supply but you can get some which supply power as well. I know some of the icy box e-sata enclosures can work this way.

• Locked thread