Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lean Six Ligma
Nov 26, 2005

Dirty Fuckin' Dangles, Boys
I just bought an MSI GeForce FX5200, and a DVI to vga adapter. The adapter has four pins above the flat blade, whereas my card does not. Hence, it does not fit.

every adaptor on newegg has these pins. What the hell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lean Six Ligma
Nov 26, 2005

Disgustipated posted:

You purchased a DVI-D card and a DVI-I converter. DVI-I has both the analog and digital signal, DVI-D has only digital. The flat pin is the analog signal, You can't convert DVI-D to an analog signal, as far as I am aware at least not with a simple converter like that one.

Figures. Bought it at the local computer show and the guy behind the counter told me it would work (I'm way behind in video card stff). I just found out I payed almost $30 too much for this.

gently caress. I was really looking forward to dual CRTs

Lean Six Ligma
Nov 26, 2005

can somebody riddle me this: Why the gently caress are 133 Mhz SDRAM DIMMs so expensive compared to DDR?

Not needed, just wondering

Lean Six Ligma fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jul 24, 2006

• Locked thread