Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«110 »
MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?

xian posted:

Got my final midterm schedule yesterday. School and work is bending me over and doing you-know-what. I will be totally MIA for the next two weeks. I apologize to all the GMs whose games I'm in, and all the people in my games.

it's okay you weren't really updating Spies! anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

PLEASE DO NOT SERVE ME FOOD WITH GLUTEN BECAUSE I AM AFRAID OF CHEMICALS

gonna be mia for a couple of days due to thanksgiving

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3656 days!

ZShakespeare posted:

gonna be mia for a couple of days due to thanksgiving

Same.

Laundreu
Feb 2, 2005
Arr

I'm gonna be slow posting for the next couple of weeks; I've got 25-ish pages to write in the next week or so, then I get to start a research paper.

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire
takes the reins of a knightly order, and leads a wayward kingdom from the midst
of chaos. The masses yearn for a hero. I give them what they wish.

My move to a new job/apartment/life has turned completely tits-up in my face and now I am sleeping on an internet stranger's couch. My posting time should be back to normal by Wednesday.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Greenlit posted:

My move to a new job/apartment/life has turned completely tits-up in my face and now I am sleeping on an internet stranger's couch. My posting time should be back to normal by Wednesday.

Woah dude what the hell happened?

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire

Winson_Paine posted:

Woah dude what the hell happened?

There was massive failure of communication somewhere along the line and everything that I had gone through so much trouble to arrange just sort of fell apart. So now I am pimping out my 360 temporarily for rights to sleep on a friend's couch while I try to figure out what the gently caress went wrong.

Luckily he is a cool dude and can probably get me a job down here.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Greenlit posted:

There was massive failure of communication somewhere along the line and everything that I had gone through so much trouble to arrange just sort of fell apart. So now I am pimping out my 360 temporarily for rights to sleep on a friend's couch while I try to figure out what the gently caress went wrong.

Holy poo poo. Good luck with everything.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

DocBubonic posted:

Holy poo poo. Good luck with everything.

Yeah. You anywhere near Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa AZ? I can help you look for a job and a place down here.

Greenlit
Dec 16, 2004

A commonborn squire

Boynton Beach, FL.

workape
Jul 23, 2002

Greenlit posted:

Oh man and here I was cursing your name last night to my computer. Hope everything works out for you.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

workape posted:

Oh man and here I was cursing your name last night to my computer. Hope everything works out for you.

You can still curse his name, it's fun.

Laundreu
Feb 2, 2005
Arr

OK, looking at my situation again, I simply cannot post for the next week; I have literally zero free time. Kill my characters, NPC my characters, whatever you want, DMs.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004
Darktider

Greenlit posted:

Boynton Beach, FL.

Hey, now you're just north of me.

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking

Ill be able to update sometimes on the 10th, maybe the 11th. My S.O. is having friends over and she's taking over the computer.

Toenail Ninja
Sep 10, 2003

Superman is back!
It's great!

Work seems to be laying down the hammer on "unauthorized internet use" so my posting will probably cut back during the day. I'll try to pick it up in the evening to compensate.

Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003

she's actual size

This should also be the "explanation of my absence" thread.

Sorry I was gone this weekend guys. On friday, right as I was posting in all of our games, our entire system shut down (phones, internet, everything) and so we were all in a hustle and stress about what was going on. I couldn't get ahold of my manager for over an hour because she was "on the phone" and the stress was crazy so I crashed when I got home.

Then I had to clean and had personal issues and to make a long story short, I had to take a personal day on Monday. I'm back now.

Sorry again.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

I'm really really really sorry, I haven't been posting as often as I should.

I think I'm going to take a short break from Traditional Gaming for a bit. I'm having some difficutly balancing lazing about with traditional gaming with schoolwork.

I apologize.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

He's just using space travel as a metaphor for beating his wife.

Fun Shoe

I'm going to be at a conference in Cincinnati from the 16th to the 18th. Not sure if I'll be able to post, and it'll be short if I can.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Okay, decided to take time to post this seconds before I disconnect my computer: I am now officially gone for Corpus Christi. Expect to see me some time mid-next week if I'm lucky.

Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003

she's actual size

Advance Notice!

Tonight is my brother-in-law's 21st birthday. We're going to see David Sedaris and then probably drinking. Since this means I won't be posting tonight or probably tomorrow, I'm going to try to get to the games I am in before I head out.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Goin' on vacation back home until Tuesday night. I SHOULD be able to post in that time span, but who knows

DiscipleoftheClaw
Mar 13, 2005

Plus I gotta keep enough lettuce to support your shoe fetish.

I've been sketch recently, but I should be back to normal, or at least sort of normal.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

DiscipleoftheClaw posted:

I've been sketch recently, but I should be back to normal, or at least sort of normal.

You and normal

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Update: I can post, though this may fail at any time. Also, mIRC is not an option.

Well see you all Tuesday night even if worst comes to worst. D:

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006

Trust me, compañeros. I'm very good. I got Trump elected.

Fun Shoe

Mukaikubo posted:

Also, mIRC is not an option.

There's always CGI:IRC, painfully endorsed by your old pal Bloodnose.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Bloodnose posted:

There's always CGI:IRC, painfully endorsed by your old pal Bloodnose.

No, actually, because ZIRC banhammers people who are from AOL automagically. Guess who is stuck on AOL as long as he's at his parent's house?

Bloodnose
Jul 30, 2006

Trust me, compañeros. I'm very good. I got Trump elected.

Fun Shoe

Proxy?

Heartcatch
Oct 14, 2004

We won't get far on hot air and fantasy.

Busy until Sunday, more than likely! Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze in an update or two before, but it's doubtful.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mukaikubo posted:

No, actually, because ZIRC banhammers people who are from AOL automagically. Guess who is stuck on AOL as long as he's at his parent's house?

I can hook you up with a proxy if you know how to use one.

LizardBeam
May 17, 2005
Not an AmphiBeam

I am in FL until the 17th, and will not really be able to post. I thought there was going to be a computer with working internets where I am lodging, but I was mistaken.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

I'm in the process of moving. For the next two weeks or so my posting might be erratic at times. Next weekend and the week after I might disappear for a few days. If I'm not posting, now you know why.

Dr. Video Games 0092
Mar 25, 2006

by Lowtax

My net connection is down, so I won't be able to post consistantly 'til its back (sometime this week, I hope). But I'm able to log on in other places ---just won't be as reliable. My bad.-

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth, but it is the infamous MIDTERM CRUNCH, where every rear end in a top hat in the world thinks it's fun to pile on exams.

Jeez, I thought I was done with this rigamarole.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Update: I am in a Holiday Inn Select in San Antonio, Texas, which is humid as all gently caress. We're about two hours away from Corpus Christi, but we've got some unpacking ahead of us; I'm tentatively expecting to be set up and able to post by Wednesday.

Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003

she's actual size

Is it sad that I am tied for the most posts in this thread and I think the majority of them are absences?

I'm really not feeling well, guys. I know my posting is sporadic as is, but sitting up at a computer really sucks and the laptop feels miserable. I will be posting sometime today, I promise, but this is the only the beginning of feeling sick so I don't know if I will be able to post when I'm all sneezing and coughing and feverish.

workape
Jul 23, 2002

Cabbit posted:

Update: I am in a Holiday Inn Select in San Antonio, Texas, which is humid as all gently caress. We're about two hours away from Corpus Christi, but we've got some unpacking ahead of us; I'm tentatively expecting to be set up and able to post by Wednesday.

Does this mean a return of the Forgotten Forge and the rest of that line? Please?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

New Update: I'm now in Corpus Christi, at another Holiday Inn. Wednesday was a bad estimate on my part, but I am 100% positive that I'll be set up somewhere by some time, at the most, over the weekend. Without any more cities to travel in between, I might be able to start posting from this computer tomorrow or the day after, after I figure out what my schedule is like.

workape posted:

Does this mean a return of the Forgotten Forge and the rest of that line? Please?

Yes, in a couple of weeks, I'll start that back up. If you happen to know anyone who'd fill in Tairngire's spot well, feel free to bring them up to speed on Eberron and/or D&D.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Dinosaur Gum

I'm going to another conference, the creative screenwriting expo. I leave weds morning and will be back monday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003

she's actual size

I think I'm going to take a break. I'm really sorry to the games that I am in, I do love them all and love my characters. I'm also sorry to Sailor Moon because that was my most successful game to date (and there were going to be awesome twists coming up).

I'm having lots of issues, not the least of which being that I will be out of a job in 30 days, and I really don't need feeling horrible about my sporadic posting every day. I get up and remember I haven't posted in games and I feel like poo poo for the whole day. I avoid #ph because I don't want to talk to anyone there because I haven't been posting in my games. I go to post in my games, and I'm so behind that I don't know what's going on. I have cried on more than three occasions over how I feel about all of this.

So, thinking about it, I really need a break. As much as I love you guys and the games and everything I shouldn't be beating myself up about it like this.

«110 »