Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness
Good luck getting everything sorted back. You'll always be welcome back, in my opinion. And I'll kick the rear end of anyone who says differently ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Tenshi posted:

I think I'm going to take a break. I'm really sorry to the games that I am in, I do love them all and love my characters. I'm also sorry to Sailor Moon because that was my most successful game to date (and there were going to be awesome twists coming up). :(

I'm having lots of issues, not the least of which being that I will be out of a job in 30 days, and I really don't need feeling horrible about my sporadic posting every day. I get up and remember I haven't posted in games and I feel like poo poo for the whole day. I avoid #ph because I don't want to talk to anyone there because I haven't been posting in my games. I go to post in my games, and I'm so behind that I don't know what's going on. I have cried on more than three occasions over how I feel about all of this.

So, thinking about it, I really need a break. As much as I love you guys and the games and everything I shouldn't be beating myself up about it like this.

I still demand pictures of you in your Halloween costume.

Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003

she's actual size
You'll still get them :p

Yarrington
Jun 13, 2002

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, I am a nay-sayer and hatchet man in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another.
Going directly from work (in a couple hours) to a concert tonight, then spending most of tomorrow on an airplane. I'll be around a little bit late tonight and tomorrow morning, then sketchy from there out. I will make sure my games get updated at least once a day, with the possible exception of Saturday.

I guess Iron Yarros is recruiting once again. It went a good six posts with four people :(

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

While being set up some time this weekend is still a good bet, I have no clue if or when I'll be able to post in games before then. The main problem is that I'm getting stuck babysitting dogs all day and, when I finally get down to the computer room, all of the good machines (read: the ones with USB ports) are taken by portly businessmen.

I cannot wait to have my own computer set up again.

Tenshi
Oct 8, 2003

she's actual size

Yarrington posted:

I guess Iron Yarros is recruiting once again. It went a good six posts with four people :(

I feel really bad about this. :(

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
I'm going to be off line or possibly on dial up until tuesday or Wednesday if things go well. I'm moving to my new place across town on Saturday and my phones are being shut off in the old place tomorrow.

I'll be able to post at work a little and if I can get a dial up connection going, then I might be posting a little over the weekend.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I'm sorry, but recently I don't feel like I've had the energy or time to post in all of my games. I guess Kaiju's dead, if any of my GM's feel like killing my characters off, please feel free to. I'll try to post more if I can, this is just fair warning. Once again, I'm really sorry, I've been busy with a lot of stuff.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Okay, new update: I'm stuck in a lovely Red Roof Inn for, at least, another week and that place has absolutely no internet at all. The absolute earliest I could bet moved in is next weekend, and that's if everything goes right.

Basically, consider me completely inoperable until further notice.

Angry Weatherman
Jun 8, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Sorry to the players in the Starship Troopers game, I made a character concept, but got busy and didn't have time to play. :(

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

I'm most of the way moved into my new place. The computer isn't set up, so I didn't get a chance to go on line. I don't know when I'll have internet access at home, but I can at least post a little at work. Fortunately, I'm not in many games so its not going to be a great burden on anyone.

My KAMB game will be updated sometime this week.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

My computer and internet access is up, but my soon to be former landlord is a complete rear end in a top hat and is putting pressure on my wife and I to get the hell out of the place. We have till the end of the month, but he wants to bring in some guys to work on the apartment. What this means is that we have to get our stuff out of the apartment and into the attached garage by tomorrow night. This will undoubtably keep me from updating my games, but I should be back to posting regularly by the end of this week.

If there's any consolation in the hell I'm dealing with, then its the fact that the rear end in a top hat landlord is being fined by the health inspector for his lovely maintenence in the other units in the building. Not to mention he's getting sued by one of the tenants in the building.

Thanks once again for giving me a place to vent.

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

DocBubonic posted:

Not to mention he's getting sued by one of the tenants in the building.

You could maybe add another tenant to that list. He can't force you out of that Unit. You've got till the end of the month to vacate. gently caress him.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

I'm going to be away after tomorrow untill sunday. I have some things to take care of.

Wish me luck.

MagicHateBall
Dec 11, 2002

Humans were drinking alcohol five thousand years ago, and they're still drinking it now. Alcohol is humanity's friend.

Can I abandon a friend?

Eyespy posted:

I'm going to be away after tomorrow untill sunday. I have some things to take care of.

Don't choke.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Eyespy posted:

Wish me luck.

OH poo poo SON

Naar
Aug 19, 2003

The Time of the Eye is now
Fun Shoe
My brother is graduating tomorrow, so I'm going home for it. I should be able to post but I might be slow(er than usual).

Naar fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Oct 25, 2006

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Eyespy posted:

Wish me luck.

WOAH MAN :cheers:

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Eyespy posted:

Wish me luck.

Me too

I hate my life :smith:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Eyespy posted:

Wish me luck.

POST PICS

Also congrats!

ConfusedUs posted:

Me too

Hay I have some of those too although they totally don't look as nice as the one in the picture there.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

ConfusedUs posted:

Me too

HAHAHAHAHA is that real?

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

ConfusedUs posted:

Me too

drat, that sucks man. Hopefully it's not too messy.

And good luck Eyespy. I should probably get started on the same process. I just can't decide if I should do it before she graduates or after. Probably before, I think she'd be upset if I waited another 8 months.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Gus Hobbleton posted:

HAHAHAHAHA is that real?

I just found that picture by GISing for 'divoce papers'.

But the situation is real, and even more hosed up than it was a few months ago...if that's possible.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Well I knew that much is real, which sucks rear end, but I never thought I'd see a "make your own divorce papers" program.

PS Put that bitch on ice.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

foxxtrot posted:

drat, that sucks man. Hopefully it's not too messy.

And good luck Eyespy. I should probably get started on the same process. I just can't decide if I should do it before she graduates or after. Probably before, I think she'd be upset if I waited another 8 months.

I had good results buying an engagement ring from these guys, if you're looking for a place with decent prices.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ConfusedUs posted:

I just found that picture by GISing for 'divoce papers'.

But the situation is real, and even more hosed up than it was a few months ago...if that's possible.

oh my :smith:

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe

Winson_Paine posted:

I had good results buying an engagement ring from these guys, if you're looking for a place with decent prices.

I know an even better one. That family and mine has been in the New York jewelry business together for over a century, and they're real 47th St. jewelers, not the retail Kay ripoff crap.

And yes, I'm willing to admit that I am acting like a stereotype right now, but it's true.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Bloodnose posted:

I know an even better one. That family and mine has been in the New York jewelry business together for over a century, and they're real 47th St. jewelers, not the retail Kay ripoff crap.

And yes, I'm willing to admit that I am acting like a stereotype right now, but it's true.

Dude I think your mind has been addled by paying New York prices for things.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Maybe Andrew marks up the prices on his website. I honestly haven't looked at it since I just see him in person.

Uh... yeah... forget it. But next time you're in NYC and want some bling, look me up.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Bloodnose posted:

Maybe Andrew marks up the prices on his website. I honestly haven't looked at it since I just see him in person.

Uh... yeah... forget it. But next time you're in NYC and want some bling, look me up.

Well I am guessing you don't pay retail!

foxxtrot
Jan 4, 2004

Ambassador of
Awesomeness

Winson_Paine posted:

Well I am guessing you don't pay retail!

Dude, Jews never pay retail if they can avoid it.

Seriously though, it's interesting looking stuff, but mostly it's the kind of jewerly I'd expect to see some old widow who wears fur to wear. Not really the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Its not like I payed retail for mine, 50% off sticker bitches! They probably still made a bunch on it, but it helps me sleep a little better.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Going to be goneish November 9-11th or thereabouts, just scored a trip to the EVE Online Fanfest.

The hotel has Internet access, so I'll probably be able to post in the games I'm playing, but updates for the ones I'm running will be slow to nonexistent.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe

Technogeek posted:

Going to be goneish November 9-11th or thereabouts, just scored a trip to the EVE Online Fanfest.

The hotel has Internet access, so I'll probably be able to post in the games I'm playing, but updates for the ones I'm running will be slow to nonexistent.

Does this mean no St. Regis?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Bloodnose posted:

Does this mean no St. Regis?

No, I'm working on the starting post right now in fact.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

foxxtrot posted:

You could maybe add another tenant to that list. He can't force you out of that Unit. You've got till the end of the month to vacate. gently caress him.

I'm far more interested in getting the gently caress out of there. We're doing whatever we have to get out of there. And then he can go gently caress himself because we're not paying him anything. I know he's going to try to force us to pay for damages, but we're not going to pay him. Fucker can try to sue us and if he wins it'll take him for ever to get his money.

Of course we're also going to write a letter to be notarized for our neighbor's lawsuit against him. We're going to list all the poo poo that went wrong in the unit and how he lied to us about poo poo. All of the poo poo he's put us through won't be as bad as the poo poo he's going to be dealing with.

Eyespy, I hope all went well with the proposal (or does go well).

ConfusedUs, sorry to hear about the divorce. Take care of yourself.

Winson, my wife and I bought our wedding bands on 5th ave. in New York. Got a good deal on them too even though we bought them in New York.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
I'm going to be busy friday night, but I'll be back saturday evening.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Eyespy posted:

Wish me luck.

Congrats! Id say the CoC campaign will wait for you with baited breath, but I have a feeling its dead. Our GM has disappeared again, and only 3 of us have put in any actions unless I missed something. :smith: So I guess get yer engagement on or what have you.

FalseParadigm
Apr 30, 2005

Chew, chew, chew. That is the thing to do.
To all Castle Falkenstein folks:

I will be out of town starting Friday, October 27th and will be returning Monday, October 30th. I will likely post on Monday evening, as my flight gets in around 6pm.

Feel free to continue posting and keep up the dialogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Final update: moving in begins tomorrow! Wooo! The plan is to have the truck unloaded tomorrow, but the cable (and thus, the cable modem) won't be hooked up until Monday, so I probably won't be available (unless somebody has an open WiFI network) until then. The next obstacle after that is having the house tented for termites on Tuesday, so the final verdict is that I should be officially "settled in" by Thursday, but probably post capable by Monday.