Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Winson_Paine posted:

Just got a phone call, my mother has passed away. I will be gone for a few days, and probably not feel like posting after that. Thanks for your patience.

:gonk:

Take your time, man, the Sith can wait. All of TG will sacrifice a virgin in your mother's honor. It shouldn't take us long to find one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

My computer's PSU is emitting strange smells and not powering my computer. This is not optimal. I will only be able to post when I can get to another computer, such as now, at work. I should have a new PSU in a few days.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Leaving from work now. No reliable Net access again until either I go to work Wednesday or the new PSU arrives. Expect very limited posting via other people's computers.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

New PSU is half installed. I should be back in action tomorrow when I get home from work and finish it up.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

DocBubonic posted:

Holy poo poo. Good luck with everything.

Yeah. You anywhere near Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa AZ? I can help you look for a job and a place down here.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Advance notice: GenCon SoCal is 11/16 to 11/19, and I am going. I may bring my shitbox laptop with me to post with, but I won't be on much.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

I managed to abuse my power ever so slightly and borrow a laptop from work, so I'll be posting, just not as often, and I won't be in IRC unless I am so bored of the con I'd want to chat instead of going to the con I paid money to see.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Returned from GenCon. Posts coming as I regain my bearings.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

I've apparently been AKILLed from zIRC, since Jedi425 is the name of some bot net or something stupid like that. I'm banned from the network while I get this sorted out.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Black August posted:

Mom passed away last night. Posting will resume sometime in a few days or whenever I can.

I'll try not to get us all killed until you get back. :shobon:

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Gau posted:

I DON'T HAVE rear end CANCER!!!!.

Yay! :woop:

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Yarrington posted:

SEGA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :gonk:

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Essay due today. See you guys tomorrow or late tonight.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Why is everyone melting down? :(

Good luck guys. Oobey/Yarr, whereabouts are you located? Drop me a line, I might be able to help you out if you're in AZ. (Particularly Yarr, my father is a landlord and might have a line on a good place, since he watches the market.)

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

foxxtrot posted:

Sorry I've been flaky this week.

I had to give this the the girl. Now, things have gotten unexpectedly busy. I'll find time in the next few days to update though, I promise.

I see your girl prefers colored stones as well. :hfive:

I should have posted a picture of the ring I gave her when I did it.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Black August posted:

Had a rather raw-knuckled domestic dispute. Decided I needed to leave, friends helping me out. I'll have net access, just limited for a while. I'll still be posting, no worries, it'll just be a little unsteady while I get back on my feet. Sorry to everyone.

Take as long as you need, Nath isn't getting any dead-er.

:haw:

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Speaking of grandmothers, mine is finally moving down to AZ to live with my parents. I may be in and out the next few days helping her move in to their place.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

oobey posted:

Argh what an insanely lovely day. I do not mean or want to continue delaying my games but I need sleep like my dishwasher needs fire. Updates in a few hours, when I wake up.

But your dishwasher doesn't need fire. What are you saying oobey?

:smith:

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Looks like we caught the oobey. Apparently someone with the last name of Garcia has shown up on my fiancee's credit report.

PROTIP: My fiancee's last name is not Garcia.

Until we get this settled I may be spending a lot of time yelling at people on her behalf. Just a warning; watch out for those damned Garcias. And I'll try to keep posting as usual, but if I suddenly vanish for a day or something, here's why.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Toenail Ninja posted:

I'll be avoiding the forums until some time over the weekend. Call me what you will, but I'm avoiding spoilers for Harry Potter, and now with FYAD giving out titles to people that contain spoilers, I'm jumping off of SA, just in case. See you guys after I finish it.

Best excuse ever. It's cool, Otherspace is moving slow as ever.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

So apparently there was a power outage here at work last night. Needless to say, I am now in the ninth circle of operations hell. Posting to come later today if at all.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

So my C: drive has been dying a slow death the past week. Luckily I already ordered replacement parts. I'll be back in comission tomorrow afternoon, I hope.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Replacing the drive seems to have done it! I'm back in action.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

So I thought my problems were over. Nope. Looks like my SATA controller is toast. Posting will be delayed.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Well, that's two Avatar games up in flames before any Firebending even happens. :haw:

No prob, oobey, I'll just picture Metroid ending the way I always wanted it to; a friendly post-victory sparring match between Nath and Elric ala 'Rocky 3'. Was it 3? The one with Mr. T in it.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

PAX is great, expect nothing more from me until mid-Monday.

Apologies to Otherspace.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

My boss at work has apparently gone mad with anti-internet power. Posting may be less frequent, at least this week for sure.

Otherspace gets an update tonight.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

My health is rapidly deteriorating. I'm not sure what is going on, all I know is it's cold, it's hot, and oh god, my head. Probably the flu or something. I blame society.

Posting on hold for probably the next 24 hours, with the exception of my Otherspace players. You guys get me right up until I die of whatever exotic plague this is.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Still feel like crap in a pita, but I'm catching up. Apologies to the GMs I left hanging.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

ConfusedUs posted:

I get home and see 15 new replies to this thread. My first thought was, "Oh god what now?"

I'm so sorry Raze. My condolences.

Yeah, every time this thread blows up I know something bad happened. :(

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Final Essay is kicking my rear end. Don't expect much from me for at least the next couple days.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Those of you in partyhard may remember me saying I was having tooth troubles; well, it hasn't gotten any better. Expect little from me the next few days.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

As I was telling some people in IRC, we have a rat in my department.

Here he is: (SPOILER :nws: ALERT: CHARRED RAT) https://wi.somethingawful.com/4d/4d1e8a64993230305f5a10ac92caa180cc1565e2.jpg

He got into a transformer about 48 hours ago and fried our data center's power. UPS lasted all of 10 minutes, and POW went the network and every online service on campus. We're still picking up the pieces (as of now about a dozen servers remain offline, and I am still getting errors from the mainframe), and after the millionth or so dropped network connection in who knows how long, I gave up trying to update or post. (It took me forever to get this together and actually posted.)

Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

As I have mentioned to some of you (but apparently forgotten to post about), I leave tomorrow afternoon for a well, well, well deserved vacation with MY FIANCEE.

Expect me to basically not post in anything. I'll try and follow games I am in, but I'm only bringing my phone, and I'll probably turn that bitch off for the duration.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

BEWARE, I LIVE.

Posting will resume soon. Thanks to my players for not screwing things up too badly.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

I'm going into surgery in about 4 hours for my wisdom teeth. So if the people in Otherspace or Acegame get attacked by flying bears with tooth drills, or something equally surreal, it's the drugs.

Sweet, delicious drugs.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Computer Over.

Power at work = very no.

This is not a good prize. I'll see you all when I sleep this off.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

On days now.

Sleep: a memory.

Ask me about nightmares involving the words 'SENTRY GOING UP'! :q:

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

Bad storm, posting from cell.

See you tomorrow, I think.

Adbot